Amp suggestions

Username: Rkjones84

Post Number: 8
ok, i'm on a tight budget, i know you shouldn't buy cheap stuff but i have to for now, does anyone have any suggestions for a amp to use to power 2 10" subs that are dual 2 ohm voice coils and can handle 300 watts rms for 150$ bucks or less

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 105
Lanzar 248? wait that 500RMS per sub.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Post Number: 106
Well are we talkin US dollers because that would fit under that i got that amp for 180 canadian and its retailed at 220US or so. Ebay it.

Or theres another one made by Lanzar Hertiage 241 or somthing puts out 600RMS watts. 100US

Post Number: 9
alright would this work http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LANZAR-VIBE238-2-CH-CAR-AMP-AMPLIFIER-800W-75_W0QQitemZ5 814134104QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem would that amp work with the dual 2 ohm subs i would have too hook the subs up in parallel right to make a 2 ohm load?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1076
Hifonics - its d cheapest of brands any1 here would rec
try BX1205D or ZX 1000

Post Number: 10
can i use a 2 channel amp that is 2 ohm stereo stable or 2 ohm stable the speakers are Kicker CompVr CVR10 dual 2 ohm voice coils could i get some suggestion on what amp to use to push two of them they can handle 300w rms. everywhere i have seen on the net says i have to get a mono amp but i don't know what wattage to get. Or maybe if i could get a 2 channel what wattage would i need.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 101
those cvr 10's are dual 2 ohm i thought they made them in a dual 4 ohm, that amp would work but youd have to give it a 4 ohm load which would be putting in only 200 watts rms x 2, or you can hook it up at 800 x 1 max 4 ohm basically same thing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
they make them in both..so let me get this straight to use that amp i would have to hook each speaker in series which would make it 4 ohms and hook each to each channel on the amp right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
example maybe i didnt make that clear, ok take one of the subs each have 2 negatives and 2 positives so i would connect one negative and one positive together on the sub and then connect the remaining positive and negative to one channel on the amp, and repeat that for the next sub.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1082
for what amp u talking about / - that lanzar amp ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
yep

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
because that would just be putting a four ohm load on each channel of the amp and i believe that amp can handle a 4 ohm load on each of the 2 channels right?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1084
Eddie's gonna say i'm getting on his case - but he & caraudio r the only 2 ppl i know of on this forum who will rec anything from Lanzar cause they both each own products from them .
If thats what u guys wanna use then fine , no problemo but IMO the lowest brand i'd ever buy is Hifonics & those 2 models i chose above would suit u fine + its in the same price range .............. Upload

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 284
You have two DVC 2 ohm Comp VR subs, correct?

Kicker KX600.1. It does the 600w RMS at 2 ohms....just what you need. Wire in series/parallel. Should be pretty darn cheap on eBay.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 105
yup kicker amp is good, the only reason i like lanzar Rovin is because the products i use from them and there are only few that i use, work just as good as some of the high quality stuff out there, the setup i use, has loud @$$ bass and sounds clear, but i admit some lanzar products out there suck, but ive found the ones that do work and are rated exactly to the specs. i had the time to do this because my uncle owned a car audio shop and sold lanzar. i went there everyday after school and tried to find the best setup, everything you can think of, and the products i have sound like and your gonna hate me but they sound like i have 2 12" XXX, now i know this is crazy to you but mine are louder, i dont know why, everyhting i have just goes really well together and pounds. so Yes i like lanzar but only certain products by them.

Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 5
Lanzar is louder than XXX ???????
LOL...hehe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what about the visonik v317sx can that it says 2 ohms but does that mean it can handle a 2 ohm mono load?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1262
somehow i don't trust that Vis amp ......

why don't u search ebay 4 this
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14803

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
yeah man that is a cool amp but a little much for me...anyway is that vis 2 ohm mono stable
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us