Anything wrong w/ this type of setup?

Username: Sts15l7

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 2
hey guys, i jus got my 2 15" L7s and my friend had em installed in my trunk. i ordered my amp and will prolly get it in a coupla days; it's a Audiobahn A2300HCT amp with 2400 watts, which will give each of my subs 1200 watts. my friend said he'll have it tuned so that each of the L7s gets about 1000 watts, which is their RMS. i was only worried about damage to my car: at loud volumes, do u think this can actually do any damage to my car? my friend was saying they MIGHT crack my windshield. (i have a 96 sts.) If u have any info, please lemme know; if possible, gimme specifics, i.e. how to have the amp tuned, etc. to avoid damage to the car. thanx a bunch guys.

-mir

Anonymous

other than just loosening odds and ends up in your car you shouldnt have many other problems to realy worry about, your license plate vibrating might piss you off tho

stranger
Unregistered guest
There is no way that it could crack your windshield, but it will sound good though.

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 3
aright thanx a bunch guys...

hey anonymous i was actually thinking about that because currently i have only the top 2 screws for my license plate. if i put the bottom 2 as well do u think itll still rattle a lot?? me and my friends had my trunk FatMat-ed, and my friend made sure to triple layer the trunk lid and the rear area of the trunk (where the bass will hit). do u think i still hafta worry?

again, thanx a lot guys...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1858
dampening a vehicle is always a good idea.
as for the plates, you can put rubber behind those to stop vibration.

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 4
aright...thanx a lot every1

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 5
hey guys i have another problem...the system is bumping fine but i think its taking too much battery juice...cuz i was bumping in park and then when i pressed the brake to put it into drive the car almost turned off on me...its bumping fine if i put the car into neutral and then hold the gas down to about 2000 rpm and run the system...

my friend was saying we might need to get another battery...my dad however is saying that if i jus get a heavy-duty alternator that should do the trick...cuz my dad thinks that with a bigger battery itll jus take a lil longer for the system to flush its juice right? so thats his argument...but i dunno...U GUYS r the experts so plz help me out once again...thanx...

and anonymous yes the license plate is sorta pissing me off lol...

-mir

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 422
ur dad was completely right - a new probably 200+A alternator should do the trick

a battery will only let you bump for about another 45 minutes or so then you'll be outa juice

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 6
aight thanx a lot bacon...

do u guys know a good/cheap alternator that i can get? like can u guys gimme a link or a store name or something? thanx :-)

-mir

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 24
mralternator.com

ebay.com

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2035
www.ebay.com
www.mralternator.com
www.4alterstart.com
www.alternatorparts.com

alternator is the only solution.

Username: Atoneman

ABQ., New Mexico USA

Post Number: 5
Is there not a thing that you can buy, I forget the name of it, but it plugs into your amp (I think) and it helps stop draning the juice from the battery?

-Atone

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2354
a capacitor.
they won't help. the only time they're handy is to smooth our spikes in current when your alternator is already large enough to handle the demands of the system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us