Isaac

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 72
Isaac, what do you know about the 12w7s? I'm thinking of buying two of them, thanks for any input, Steve.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4500
Depending on your application/trunk space, those W7s will give you excellent SQ and SPL. I doubt you have trunk space for 2 of those suckers.
Have you listen to ONE in a HO box? You might not even need 2 of them.
One will pound the crap out of your ear drums and your chest.
However, it's not like the pounding you get from RE MT sub. More like a sledge hammer vs very heavy hammer.
I remember my experience with W7 and MT on the same day. MT gave you ear ache as well as body massage. W7 didn't pound your chest as hard, but it sure made my ear drums ache. Not from the heavy thumping, but from very LOW bass that never seem to end.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Hey Isaac, how you doing tonight? I have an F150. I have a sealed box with 2 pioneer 12s on the back seat. It's not bad but it's not hitting like i would like.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
I was just talking to a guy, he has 2 12w7s, he wants 800.00 shipped. Is that a good price? These are used.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4501
That is a good price. 12W7 sell for over $600 new a piece. Do find out how old it is though. Inspect the sub for any damage and listen in person. Sometimes they may have a burnt out VC.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4502
I just bought myself a JL 12W7 in a HO box for $405!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1951
WHAT!!!?

you.......TRAITOR!!!!!!

lol j/k

what will oyu be doing with it?
will it go in next to your MT?:-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 4504
Well for now, I will make a sealed enclosure for the 12W7 and use the HO box later when I get a car with more trunk space.
The MT with W7 gives you one of the best sounding bass. W7 will cover the ultra lows and MT adding thunderous thumping power.
The problem I had was, at low - mid volume, MT can't produce the kind of bass I was looking for. With these 2 combo, it sounds great.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 755
Isaac, what stupid rich kid did you rip off for that sub? lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Now you got me confused Isaac, On which one to buy,lol. So what are you saying, MT plays thighter bass.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4509
No. MT will give you window pounding bass. JL will give you very low bass that numbs your ear drums. Those put together will give you one heck of a combo.
IsaacW, when newbies go straight into SQ, they tend to undervalue their products or get side tracked by SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 756
Oh, so you did rip off a ignorant little punk didn't you? LOL. You should feel ashamed of yourself! :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4513
I think there should be a handbook for all the newbies to follow. Start off with SPL then upgrade to SQ. That way they will know the value of a product.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us