P.I.M.P MY RIDE JACKHAMMER INSTALL

Silver Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 139
i can't believe they did that...especially in a buick century...o well at least that kid who's got it now has a 350 lb aluminum block weighing his car down

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 431
yeah, his anchor looked nice in the fiberglass wall, lol

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 665
who cares how heavy it is...its not like he's drag racing his buick century guys...ur trying to talk trash about it juss cuz we all wish we had that thing...that guy is lucky as hell, especially since he got it for free!!!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1194
that car will be on Ebay within 3 months :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1021
No offence dudes but every single time MTV shows that episode - some1 starts a thread on this & other forums .
There r prolly 10 threads in this forum alone & alot has already been said about it . Its old news ...Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4866
Congratulations, we've installed a system that makes you lose 5-10% of your gas mileage *shakes hand*.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1199
nice one jonathan...lmao.

Bronze Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 31
lmao i wish i had that sub just to say i jad it but id put it in a golf cart lol

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 161
Thats true what rovin said, i think two weeks ago there was a thread just like this.

Ryan,

I would only want a jackhammer if i was pimping out like a Peterbilt truck or something, not for a car.
Im not much for SPL anyways. I think its cool just because of its massive size, but i dont think its practical. If i was that kid, id personally be pi$$ed. No one his front stage can keep up with that thing.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 162
i meant no way his front stage could keep up.

What did they use for a front stage anyways, i havent seen the episode in a while

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1202
anyone here ever seen the MTX "bread truck"...lol

now that was an subwoofer install...the "sub" wasnt really a speaker. it was a huge piston (like 48" in diameter) run by a motor. they only got to burp it once (at like the '99 dbdrag world finals, i think) it built up so much pressure in the cab that when the sub made its backward stroke...the cab literally IMPLODED!!

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 78
mike you are lying if someone gave you a set of 28" rims and a airbag sytem that cause your truck to rub the inner fenders and you live in a area with a lot of potholes you would be mad, so if someone gave a 7500 dollar subwoofer you would be mad yeah right

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 752
Well if you want to see it...

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/MTX/jackhammer.1.wmv

The part when they test it out and everybody is falling all over the place and the glass of water falls off the desk is retarded. And they make it seem that 130db is really loud or something!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1950
hahahahahahahahaa.

the cap showed only 11.4-6V going to the amps.
and Mad Mike had on ear muffs at 130dbs?

plz, someone shoot me.:-O

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 437
did anyone else find it funny the "ridiculous bass" db meter maxed at 100dbs?? hell, when mad mike was talking it was 79-84dbs, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4528
It means mad Mike has a big mouth!
At that rate, the battery would only be good for few beats. I thought those guys were geniuses. That setup is like a time bomb. If the driver ever gets drunk and cranks up the system, he'll most likely blow/kill the car's electrical system along with the amps and possibly the MTX sub.
I hope they weren't using the 70A stock alternator to charge those batteries.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3791
I swear people on tv just keep getting dumber, and dumber, and dumber, and dumber......

BTW, marshall, That sub in the bread truck, it was 100" inches, and was built by Richard Clark, and it was an actual sub, not just a piston driven by a motor.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3792
My god, I just actually watched that video....

I would slap those guys if that was my car....

I would thank them for the 10 grand in free gear for me to sell though...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4870
You'd be surprised what those crapboxes will sell for on ebay. It's amazing that a dumb kid will buy one of those POS cars just because Xzibit had a hand on it.

"2000 watts of pure Audiobahn musik POWA!!!"

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 959
W00T!

(I don't know, so don't ask)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3800
P.imp my ride installer -

"A 15" woofer needs 500 watts of power. That's a 500 watt amp, and a battery. The jackhammer needs 8500 watts of power. That's 5 amps, 3 batteries, and 6 capacitors."

I'd love to know where he pulled that crap from?

Later he shows the kid the car and says the same 5 amps are over 6000 watts. What happened to the 8500 watts?

This is the reason why I don't watch p.imp my ride.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3802
I do like the Michael Duncan look a like dancing in to the music though.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 758
Muddy was right too, everytime you see the caps, the voltage is in the 11v range, not too healthy for the electrical system....

And when they show all the crap like the jackhammer is shaking the whole building like the water glass falling off the desk, it is just going to make uneducated people beleive that sub can actually do that. I mean if they can throw those stupid numbers out and get away with it, like Joe was saying, all the kids that watch the show are going to think that MTX makes the loudest subs. Totally untrue cheap marketing if you ask me, all fabrications....

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4530
If you do really want to shake everything in sight, try 4 MTs and give it real power. With one 15" MT, my whole car shakes. So imagine what 3 more will do.
It should give more power than 1 MTX 500lb sub.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 360
Well, lets put it this way. I have a pair of MTX TP112 DJ Speakers in my bedroom. When I measure at 1 meter away as done in standard car audio measurements, at one of the woofers, I get about 115dB. So, I have two of the speakers, so that's 118dB total. Not to mention, I'm running them off of a Kenwood KR-6600 with 60WPC continuous power.

I think that settles the fact, since those speakers hold 2 12" subwoofers. Not woofers, subwoofers. They threw a couple of MTX's in them lol. But I think that proves the point that there's something wrong if that woofer is hitting only 130dB.

My Volfenhags hit 135-138dB at peak excursions in a sealed box. Is that saying my Volfenhags are better hehehe?

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 84
anyway mad mike is an idiot i have to find the vid that he says some guy system hit he cant even talk right i think they know what they are doing but its a tv show so they dumb them selfs down, just like american hot rod, boyd had a car that wouldn't start, i clearly was about to start becuase it poped back and sputtered these idiots say that there was no distributor button so no spark going was going to the motor, huh......shops dont just have stupid problems that often, just a publicity stunt that thing probably does suck i cant find the vid now i get when i get home

Bronze Member
Username: Dropp

Ocala, Florida US

Post Number: 12
Cmon,now arent you guys being alittle harsh..How could you be upset if that was your car,The thing is a Buick Century not even worth $700.00.Just the fact of being able to see the thing installed on TV is cool to watch if you are into car audio.Sure there is alot of B.S involved but that is television.I'm not a avid P,M,R, fan but its still all good!!

Bronze Member
Username: Romic00

Post Number: 26
http://www.nearlygood.com/video/mtxjackhammer.html here is the video

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 416
My friends were very impressed when I showed them the PMR video install...kinda sad...They tried arguing with me about the cars voltage needing to be higher than 11V too, saying "Oh, the alternator will hold out, those caps will do it." I about shot them...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1020
OMFG! How g@y is that? 11.4 volts?! I would have killed 'em... And 100db? OMG... I'm spechless.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 777
I already posted that video in this post, Alex. Didn't you notice?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1024
I didn't notice...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us