Help me with a few choices...

Username: Bigjoe87865

Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA

Post Number: 8
hey... I want 12in Subs and a decent setup... nothing insane... but nothing pansy either

and i dont know if should go into entry level *12w1 or Resonant RE* with a suffieciant amp

or go into the Mid Level * 12w3v1, v2 , 12RE SE *

Are the entry levels that bad?... The only sound system i know of right now.. are 2 10" kickers that are 7years old .. not sure what model or anything with a RF amp that has about 800w i think...

i like those... but i would like mine to be a lil better...

my budget is 700-800 and MAYBE to 1grand... but thas pushing it *20% chance ill get that money*

and its my final budget... should cover everything.. amp , component , subs , dynamat.. everything
and MAYBE headunit

so basicly... im askinig will the Entry level.. produce good CLEAN thump... that can be herd pretty loud.. something to impress in parking lots etc... or is that asking for too much?
..some1 told me .. 12" RE with a decent amp is better than 75% of most systems out there..

that being said... if im going with any1 of those packages...entry or mid

which should i rather get

12w1 or 12RE

12w3v1 , 12w3v2 , 12RE SE

*im also still a lil lost on the whole 4ohm DV vs 2 ohm DV thingy...

the RE offers more watts and more ohms than the JL

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1122
you generally get what you pay for. for 700 total, you can potentially get the best subs for your taste.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768492/5

Username: Bigjoe87865

Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA

Post Number: 9
how is that link supposed to help?

its not 700 JUST FOR SUBS...

can u explain a lil more?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1124
then perhaps you should specify in your initial thread. the link is subs, components, and amps. but i agree, it certainly won't help a bit if the 700-1000 isn't just for subs.
2 soundsplinter rl-p's for 440 plus a ed nine.1 for 350 would be a great setup for 800.00.
but if you need components as well, you could go with infiniti 6.1 for 200.00, a 200.00 amp, and a pair of dayton MKIII for 320.00 for closer to your ball park and still sound good with quality gear (depending on your amp).
again, admitedly the link is geared toward audiophile grade equipment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us