Frequency response

Anonymous

i threw in a cd and my box was loudest at 150hz and at 40 it was pretty quiet. my subs frequency response goes down to 20hz. i dont have any room for a new box.. unless its wall to wall wood.
how can i get some 20-40hz boost?

my box is sealed at 1.25 or 1.5 cubic foot (cant remember)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10596
what sub is this?
you can't do much except make sure you're using a LPF on that sub set to about 60Hz for a sealed box.
you shouldn't even have subs at 150Hz really.. that's over an octave above where they should be cut off with a steep Q.

Anonymous

the subs are infinity reference 12

ive got the lpf on the deck set at 80.. the alpine doesnt go any lower then that. i left the xover on the amp at 200 so ill dial that in to 60 to get a steeper curve. maybe i can use some bass boost after that cause i got it all the way down right now.. it has a much smoother flat response without the bass boost

too much boost or just a kicker flaw.. i dunno

Anonymous

oh and thanks for not telling me to go buy 20 bux worth of port pipe and making my precious speakers clap.. lol

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10621
probably too much boost.. I never liked using bass boost on amps.. leave it flat and get a less colored response.

the infinity refs are pretty weak subs, generally speaking so that may be part of it, but they are clean, so they should sound alright.
if they're sealed away in the trunk of a car, try venting the rear deck to couple the cabin air to the trunk air.
that'll increase audible output a lot.

Anonymous

i plan on buying a new sub.. preferably a single sub that can get the job done.. ill also have room for a larger box (ive got room for 2.5cu ft.. all these 5cu ft make me nervous)
whats the best way to achieve 20hz with a volume close or equal to upper frequencies?
id like to stay sealed with a sub around 1000 watts
my guess is simply a bigger box if you know any better

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10637
sealed box, more power, better sub.
that's pretty much the answer as you suggested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us