What the heck man

Bronze Member
Username: Wink07

Post Number: 32
alright i finally got my amp (Kicker kx 600.1) to wire up my 2 kicker comp subs. and i just cant figure it out crutchfield.com( http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/reviews/20040518/mono_amplifier. html?print=1&page=all ) said to use a 2 channel amp, but on here i was told to use a mono, and wire it in parelle, now the more and more i look at it the more confused i become, sence there is only one speaker + and one speaker - so what do i actually do, do i splice the wire to get the positive to go to one positive of each amp or waht? im in real desperation, and i need real help. thanks, and please dont refer me to some store, i still wnana do this myself

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 913
Pretty simple with this
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
so what im getting out of this is that, does the positive and negitive wire need to be split, because thats how the pic looks to me. because at first i thought it went into one voice coil and out the other, but A) i think that would give it a wrone OHMload, and that it wouldnt have the extra positive and negitive channels to wire together.....?? im lost

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 152
just plug both wires into the terminal of the amp or choose a primary sub and just plug the secondary subs wires into the primary subs wires that go to the amplifier (just less messy)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
so if i use a primary and secondary sub, the terminals on the primary sub will be all used up, as in the first positive and negitive terminal will be used up by the wire coming to the sub, and then the 2nd terminal will be use by the wire the wire leaving the sub and going to the 2nd subs terminals. and then i would connect a wire from the 2nd positive terminal to the 2nd negitive terminal? and if thats so, will that alter the OHM load at all?.......................wait i think what i jsut said was totally wrong.....now that i read ure post over, i think i understand it as i would either plug two wires into each amp terminal or if i would go the primary secondary sub route, i would have to splice the wires right?

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 944
U can splice it as u said - but what i do is get 1 of those terminal strip things Electricians used to join wires with & that works really good too cause it never gets loose .....
Upload
Upload
Just happen to have 1 nearby so i just now took these pics 4 u ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us