Phase shift, if set wrong will it hurt subs?

Anonymous

i have an audiobahn amp with 2 15" dubs, what should the phase shift be set at? They are wired at 1 ohm. thank for any help

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3769
Leave it at 0. You shouldn't notice much if you reverse the phase (180 degree shift), but there's no point.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1719
doesn't it reverse the subs play.
when it hits, the sub moves in, instead of out?

Anonymous

im not doubting your knowledge and i appreciate the advice but if there is no point in changing it around then why put it on the amp?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3771
Yeah, but there isn't as much difference in sound as you'd think. Usually, with subs, reversing polarity is mainly when you invers the subs. I've had subs inversed before, and I couldn't hear any difference from shifting the phase.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1720
it reverses polarity on the wires to the VC's.
you would use it if you were having sub cancellation issues, of if you wired them wrong, and didn't want to take it back out of the box(i think).

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3772
Is it a 2 or 4 channel amp?

Reversing the phase is mainly used on component speakers. Guys will reverse the phase on tweets to get better imaging.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1721
thanks Joe, i have been wondering that for a LONG time, but i forget to ask when i'm on here.
mine is set to reverse on my HU, and i switched it back and forth and noticed no real difference, so i left it on Reverse phase.

Anonymous

its a 1 channel amp (2000 watts rms)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us