Phase shift?

Anonymous

i have an audiobahn amp (2000 rms)and 2 15" dubs, what the hell is phase shift and what should it be at ( 0 to 180) thanx for the help

renholder's mix
Unregistered guest
It toggles the polarity of ur speaker wires' signal. Useful for when u incorrectly wire the + to - terminal and - to + terminal. So u dont have to go back and take stuff apart again..u can just flip the switch. And it can help with out of phase problems. Normally set at (0)

Anonymous

this isnt a switch, its an adjustable knob from 0 to 180 degrees, im lost

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1067
if your subs are not facing each other or inverted, set it to 0. it's just the difference between the sub moving out instead of in, or vice versa. helps to fight cancellation of waves.
listen to it and decide how it sounds with the rest of your drivers.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 146
is this with all amps or just mine ... i have to reverse one subs polarity unless they wont play right

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1071
again, it's a matter of what sounds right in your system. it's likely, however, that you have one of the subs wired incorrectly. make sure that your pos is connected to your pos and neg to neg. look at your subs and notice when the bass hits in which direction the sub moves. if it moves inward, it's wired backwards. if it moves outward, its correct.
last, if you have the subs facing eachother, then reversing the polarity on one sub makes sense.
remember that the waves of all your drivers should be taken into account when dealing with polarity. it's a part of tuning your system.
i have one mid on each door facing each other. if i dont reverse the polarity on one driver, then they cancel each other out and the stage is very narrow. once i reverse the polarity on one driver, the stage opens up. just for example

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10558
go to www.bcae1.com
read up on phase.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us