Tighter bass

Username: Pancho05

Post Number: 1
HI. I'm fairly new to the audio world and recently i bought my cousin's SONY
XM-DS1600P5 and 2 jlW3's @4-ohms dual coils. I have heard of this damping factor and my question is how do i get a tighter bass? I'm SQ first and SPL second.

Post Number: 2
It is a xm-d1000p5 for the amp sorry

Post Number: 3
also, i listen to rock most of the time with occasional rap. if u could add what settings for the lfs bass boost and sensitivity, it would be greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 4
my question is what setting should the lfs bassboost and sensitivity be? also i mostly listen to System of A down and similar songs with ocassional rap. I am more in favor of sound quality but a little spl wouldn't hurt. should i get the prowedge box too?

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Id reccomend everything about 85% of the way 90 max unless your really confident with your wiring and stuff id push it about 95% i wouldnt wana over do it right. Mines are at about 90% settings at back of amp , bass boost , hu.

Coheed & Camber Angle
Unregistered guest
Hmm... a sony amp and JL W3s..u from Bestune,YKF or Everstrong?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1100
9 times out of 10, you set your amps bass boost to 0% (zero) or maybe just a hair over that.

Make sure your set your gains correctly...dont just turn them up and hope for the best. Put your HU's volume on about 80% and set all the EQ controls to flat (0). Then play a song or bass tone and start turning the gain up until you hear the subs distort a little...when the get to the point of distortion, turn the gain back down a little.

If you want tight, punchy bass...get a sealed box.

Oh...and if that amp is the one i'm thinking about, you will be very lucky if it can produce a clean 450wrms. And the SQ prolly want be as nice as it would be w/ a good amp. (having w3's on a sony amp is like having a camaro w/ a screwed up transmission.)

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 307
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! ...Go sealed boxes?

Post Number: 7
I'm from las vegas

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1113
marcusli,

if you are in Las Vegas...why dont you run by RE's headquarters. That way you can go rambo style and click a few pics of RE's new XXX

:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us