Glasswolf, Isaak or Jonothan, please help

Anonymous

The car is '95 Acura Legend 4DR
I have JL 1000/1 powering two dual 4ohm Alpine Type Rs (500w RMS/1500 Peak)mounted together[00] in a ported box (don't know how they are wired, had them installed professionally) 5 farad power cap and a 2GA wire running from the battery. Also I have 600watt Pyramid amp running off the same power cap, which is powering my inside speakers. I've heard that these subs and this amp should go great together, however my SPL is nowhere near what I hoped it would be and people who hear my system all agree with me. I have a Kole Audio 1920 amp (1x 880 RMS mono),not installed, which I was planning to sell, here's a link for it http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/1300
My question is, firstly should JL 1000/1 be enough for my subs? if yes, then something is wrong with the wiring of my subs. And secondly, if nothing is wrong with the wiring of my subs then would it work to have one sub powered by JL 1000/1 and the other one powered by Kole 1920?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4429
That JL 1000/1 is a powerful amp. 1000w may not seem much, but with a properly built box with a matching tuned port, will give you plenty of SPL as well as SQ.
Drop the Pyramid, it's for the birds.I wouldn't add Kole amp to the mix. Your subs can't/won't handle the power.
Also, unless you have HO alternator, it won't do much. It's like adding 5" pipe to your indoor plumbing and expecting 5x the water power. It is only as strong as the weakest link. In your car, it's the stock alternator.
Most likely cause of your problem is power. If your existing wires/alternator could only spare 30A, than that is all the amp's going to see before it taps into your battery.
Your best solution is to get HO alternator, then a capacitor with big 3 wires. Then the JL should be adequate.
I have 1 RE 15" MT and it's enough to just about crack the glass in my car. You don't need to have 2 or more subs to get loud clean bass.

Anonymous

Thank you very much Isaac!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us