What do you think

terry6405
Unregistered guest
i have a BX1205d hifonics amp and i am about to wire it parallel into 2 2ohm type-r subs (2ohm load rated at 900 watts) will it sound ok i have it on one of those subs now and its pretty loud, but what do you guys think. i know alot of you dont care for hifonics(why is that?)but give me a little feed back

also if i were to switch amps (not right now) what should i get? lets just throw of a $400 price range. what do you think?

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 253
Are those SVC subs? If they are, you'll be running at 1 ohm. If they are DVC and you parallel all four VCs, you'll be running at 0.5 ohms.

I think most people look at Hifonics as a cheap brand that rates their amps well beyond their true output. What I don't like about them is the fact that they were once a top-quality amp manufacturer and their amps were known for raw power. The original Zues and Colosus amps were killer.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 254
Oops. Zeus.

terry6405
Unregistered guest
they are DVC but in the instrustions for the subs it shows how to use the jumper cables to wire them parrallel into an amp at 2 ohms

any suggestions on a different amp if i chose to get one

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 256
Jumper cables?

How exactly does it tell you to wire them? For a 2 ohm load on a single channel with those subs, they have to be wired in series/parallel and not just parallel.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 149
only way u can wire your subs are into
0.5 ohm
2 ohm
8 ohm
in your case your stuck with 2 ohm
i would return your amp and get a bx1600.1 which is 1100 rms at 2 ohms which will still probily underpower your subs a little
or return your subs and get 4 ohm dvc
which you can wire into
1 ohm
4 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 150
oh i ddint read the 400$ but you can get a pretty good variety of amps
kicker 1200.1
re 1200.1
orion 1200.1
ppi 1000.1
but again you need 4 ohm dvc =(

Username: Redbone15367

Mo U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
That amp should run them just fine if it's stable at 2ohm in stereo. The newer HiFonics are considerd as sell out's, like the Orion Cobalt's, and newer Punch. I have 2 HiFonics Centurion's, that where made in the U.S.A. They are 1 ohm stable, but I have changed to old school Orion hcca's that are 1/2 ohm. You could try to series the speacker, thats a jumper wire from one vc pos to neg on the other vc then run the pos and neg without the jumper to the amp. Do the same to the other speacker then run it to the amp on the same channel. ( bridged channel of the amp). if they'r 4 ohm, vc's you will have a 4 ohm load, if they'r 2 ohm vc's you will have a 2 ohm load.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 257
It's a mono amp. There's no need or possibility of bridging....

Terry, the method Tony described is series/parallel. That's probably the method your manual describes as well. It's definitely not just parallel wiring.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 604
id look into around 2000rms @ 2ohm...or even the viper 2500.1 2500rms @ 2ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 887
This way is the easiest to follow http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us