Is there something wrong??

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 318
Okay i own a raa2400 mb quart amp. It puts out roughly 800 watts bridged. However i am only using 200 times 2 into 4 ohms. I have it hooked up to two alpine type e's. Ppl on here said that 200 watts each would work perfect for these crap subs. But, my amp is clipping big time even when it isnt that loud. Is it my amplifier? or alternat or battery? I have a stock alternator and stock battery right now.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 129
that shouldnt be the problem it is probily your settings on your amplifier

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
But i have messed around with the settings alot!! Plus what settings is there that would solve clipping??

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
Eny1? This is really bothering me.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4430
What is your HU, rca preout voltage, level/gain setting on the amp, type of sub, DVC or SVC, parallel or series wiring, and it's resistance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
Okay...i have an eclipse Cd5425 it's a 5v peramp. The gain is a lil less than half way(other wise you can barely hear them or anymore than it will clipp). I currently have two type e's 4 ohm single voice coil(im about to get an idmax tho) i have it wired in parallel i believe(no bridging or anything) and i dont know what resistance is.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4431
Tell me exactly how the subs are wired. You mentioned about them connected in parallel. That is not possible, unless the amp is bridged. Does each sub get hooked up to separate channel of the amp?
If so, the that's correct. If however, they're in parallel to the same channel bridged connectors, then it's below the minimum ohms. That will cause the amp to overload and clip.
Your gain/level setting is correct. The amp will handle up to 8v, so half way is a good start.
If you have DMM, measure each sub to see if it's really 4ohms or less. Some are 3ohms and some are above 4ohms. It's never exact.

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
Well then it is serial. I have one sub hooked up to one channel, and the other to the other channel. I wish i could just bridge it but that would be a 2 ohm load. I no for sure it's not below the minimum requirements.

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
ooo so if the subs are over 4 ohms then that means my amp is not actually putting out 200 times 2 huh.no i have no way to test the subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us