2 12in sony explodes or 2 12in kicker comps

Username: Thumpthump

Post Number: 3
im not sure witch ones to get i like the look of the sonys better but what ones will beat harder.
nick

Cainer
Unregistered guest
are the sony subs those dodgy looking five sided things? either way go for the kicker comps better by miles but what amp will you use??????

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 368
comp VR's no comparison at all nick - sony is crap, even worse than audioblah...

Post Number: 4
you know the funny thing is that they are the same price too im going to go with the kickers.
now one moe thing what kind of box should i go with i lisin to alot of rap i want it to beat hard and how muh will it cost for the box

Cainer
Unregistered guest
as you listen to rap i think you need a sealed box to give it a punchy sound, a ported or vented box will make the bass hum with a bit of a delay, others feel free to correct me if im wrong, i have a sealed box for 2 12" infinitys cost me £65

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 373
get a ported box tuned to 34 Hz, i dont know why cainer is trying to give out useless information like that but for rap, a ported box will give you better results

chad
Unregistered guest
Go with Xplod, They dont hit as hard but I had two kicker 10's and the wire that is sautered on to the terminals broke on both of them. Piece of crap! i then bought a five sided xplod that never broke, doesnt hit as hard but it didnt break either.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 50
chad stupid, ur gains too high causing ur lead wires to get too hot or over excurse

Anonymous

2 KICKER CVR 12'S OR 2 INFINITY PERFECT 12.1D'S

Post Number: 5
how much is a ported box for these subs and where can i get it or where are detailed plans on building one.

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 33
Go with the Sony Explods, only if you want them to explode in your car. If not, i'd go with the Kickers.

Post Number: 6
where can i get a ported box

Bronze Member
Username: Timmayyyy

Pasadena, CA U.S.

Post Number: 11
nick, please listen to bacon, daniel, n hiphop..

Kickers..

you should be able to get a ported box at your nearest car audio shop for $40-50..

Bronze Member
Username: Timmayyyy

Pasadena, CA U.S.

Post Number: 12
if you go to www.kicker.com you can download a PDF file of the manual that comes with the kicker subs if you go to the product screen for that sub.. it has box dimensions to help you build a box if that's what you're gonna do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us