Kicker 2500 watt

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 425
anyone tried this amp? How did it do? I was thinking about using this to push 4 12"'s. Would it be better to get 2 1200 watt kicker amps? Which way would be more effecient or give the most power? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 466
I have one sitting in my closet right now but I have not yet installed it I mwaiting until after finals so I can go buy my alternator and do it right. But as in your question It all depends on the coil configuration of the woofers your planning on running in the car because the amp only goes down to a 2ohm load (actually 1.67 is the lowest it will go for daily)

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 922
it's a great amp. i like all of the features and it puts out more power than 2500 watts rms. more like 2600-2700. You'll get a birth sheet with it. Great amp though! Well worth the money. Look on ebay for one

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 922
it's a great amp. i like all of the features and it puts out more power than 2500 watts rms. more like 2600-2700. You'll get a birth sheet with it. Great amp though! Well worth the money. Look on ebay for one

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 471
the birth sheet only shows max power

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 251
It shows "Max" RMS. Kicker doesn't give Max ratings on their current amps.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 426
So it would push 4 12" Eclipse ti's? Thanks for the input.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 657
Yea but I'd go with 3 Ti's because word is that the Ti's can take more than 750 watts rms no problem. so if you had 3 of them, you'd be giving each about 850 watts which is perfect for a Ti...I'd go with 3 of them.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 255
Don't forget the VC configuration that Oso mentioned. That amp needs to be ran at 2 ohms to get the 2500w RMS. It's only 1250w RMS at 4 ohms. Not sure what type of VC config. you can get with those Ti subs, but it needs to be considered.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us