Resonant Engineering XXX or Kicker L7

Bronze Member
Username: Banksbuck50yayo

Post Number: 33
what do u think would sound better and hit harder?

havent heard REs but people here seem 2 think good of them

and would a XXX be to much in a sedan type car?

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 119
wow thats 2 other worlds ur thinking of
L7 louder hands down (made for spl)
XXX sound better 2 hands down (made for sq)

SX is a good mix gives alot of spl but pretty decent sound quality from what i hear
and the sx does get louder than the xxx but i dont think as loud as the L7 but the l7 doenst sound to nice

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 932
i object.... get the RE no matter what. wether u want SPL or SQL or whether or not u get the XXX or SX... both will get louder than a L7. theres going to be a few to object to that but im serious. ive heard muiltiple L7 setups with 2 12s that werent as loud as my 1 15 avalanche i had. thats pretty sad. yes 2 of them should have been louder but they have to be done right. oh and mine was sealed and theirs was ported. on top of all of that the RE subs will be much more of a quality sub.

Username: Dz4389

Post Number: 1
ill put money down Rob's never heard the XXX or any RE's for that matter

Username: Dz4389

Post Number: 2
I got DSL now so i lost all my posts so i gotta start fresh

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 936
i'll confess that i have never heard a SX or XXX either but i have researched them. hopefuly i'll hear a 15SX here in the next couple of weeks :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1598
i've heard a 15" XXX in a jeep cherokee, and it was loud as *^(%.:-)
i have also heard a 12" XXX, but i can't remeber which car it was.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 122
I have heard a 3 XXX's in the back of a Navigator and was loud but not as loud as my L7's, but if you want loud from Re get the MT or the SX not the XXX

Bronze Member
Username: Banksbuck50yayo

Post Number: 35
for a sedan type car cause thats what i get what would ya say for some RE subs?!

South Park Mexican
Unregistered guest
you cant even get the re xxx right know you still gotta wait till the new one comes out.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 278
the L7s get loud for cheap but sound like @$$...ive heard installs using XXX,MTX 9500, W7, Avalanches, Ti...etc and theyve been louder than the L7 it all depends on the box and how its tuned

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 227
For a daily setup, go with the XXX over the L7's. The L7's would be louder than the XXX's, however RE's goal was not to design an SPL woofer, but rather a long throw, low distortion SQ driver with potential to get loud as well.

Aside from that L7's have design flaws (tinsel lead snap). If you do choose the XXX's make sure you've got plenty of power to throw at them as they're not very efficient.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4385
L7 is a piece of $hit. Don't waste your money unless you value "noise" more than SQ.
If you want SPL as well as SQ, try MT. Unlike L7, MT can produce clean bass without distorting.

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
"L7 is a piece of $hit. Don't waste your money unless you value "noise" more than SQ.
If you want SPL as well as SQ, try MT. Unlike L7, MT can produce clean bass without distorting."

That's totally dependant on the install. A properly designed SQ enclosure can make even the L7 sound decent. They actually don't sound bad in large sealed enclosures.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4388
You put in that much time and effort on a better sub and it'll sound better than L7.

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
"You put in that much time and effort on a better sub and it'll sound better than L7."

Of course, and probably at double the price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4391
Maybe, but then again, no one said SQ was cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 922
Dude, f*ck L7's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us