Ever had a sub LITERALLY lite on fire?

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 315
I did. Yesterday, the FUBR I've been repairing the tinsel leads on - over and over - literally caught FIRE! We 4 in the car smelled it, I pulled over, grabbed the sub box, and f,u,c,k,i,n,g threw that stupid b,i,t,c,h right onto the sidewalk!!!!!!!! Any ideas why this happened? I'm in complete shock. I still don't know what other damage this may have caused, but I'm assuming it's not the average situation and that something was DEFINATELY REALLY, REALLY WRONG! Any thoughts, advise, explanations, or criticizm?
WOW! It actually CAUGHT FIRE! The surround was the first to go.
Jesus! Freaking wierd, man!
Kinda scary too!
Like I said, I can't describe it in words, though. I'm in shock!!! FIRE IN MY CAR!!!!
S,H,I,T! This really blows!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 785
Hmmmm - call Moulder & Scully .lol

If thats true - then i'm guessing the tinsel leads prolly came off & touched the sub's frame making a spark .

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 317
... lighting the polyfill on fire, huh?
Sounds logical...

I still can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!11

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 470
If you want fire and big bang hook up a Avalanche to a JBL Crown. Then all your missing is the marshmellows because the box makes for some great kindling.

Bronze Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 14
are jbl crowns good? i have a 1000 watt amp sitting around looking for something to do with it.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3752
Most polyfill now-a-days should be flame retardent. Could have been a couple things that caused the fire, but the fact that you repaired the tinsel leads yourself isn't reasurring. I'd lay off fixing subs yourself unless you don't care about your car.

Bronze Member
Username: Alanledbetter

Post Number: 16
My subs caught on fire one time but that was because my car blew up...All i got left is the frame of the car and the frame of the subs.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3761
From what? I hope you weren't in it.....

Bronze Member
Username: Alanledbetter

Post Number: 17
I was offroading in my crappy old car, A friend said your car was on fire so I jumped out and ran 100 yards and then it literally blew up. I have the sub frame mounted up in the house though.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10555
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foobar

says it all.

"FUBAR - F%#ked Up Beyond All Recognition/Repair/Reason/Redemption."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us