Kicker vs. alpine

Enyce080703
Unregistered guest
i have two type r 12s 2005 model 500 watt rms 1500 watt peak 4+4 ohm and i was looking at the kicker kx1200.1 or the alpine mrd-m1005 which amp do u think would run theses subs better. for hard hitting bass.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 647
IMO, the kicker~!

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 782
Kicker for sure - but be careful as thats 1200 & its been reported by kicker owners on this forum that its actual birthsheet shows it closer to 1400wrms , so can be used but turn your gains down ....

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1592
noooooooo, you should always match your gain to your HU pre-out voltage.
just don't tunr it up as loud.
or if you have a sub-level controller on your HU, turn that down.
*hits Rovin with a newspaper*
down boy! lol

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1593
to answer the original ?
i would go with the kicker amp.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 706
But Muddy, if you have an amp that is clearly too powerful for yout subs it is better to turn the gain down a little so that the amp doesn't have to work as hard and you are giving a safe amount of power to your subs. That's what I would do too.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1595
turning down the gain knob simply means that you will have to turn up the HU a little more to acheive the same output on the amp.
the gain isn't a knob for how much power the amp puts out.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 707
I thought that is exactly what it is.... I am not trying to argue with you, just to let you know. I am probably just a little confused about it....

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 248
Definitely the KX1200.1. That MRD-M1005 is not stable below 2 ohms. Since you have two DVC 4 ohm subs, you need an amp that is stable at 1 ohm.

The birthsheet on my KX1200.1 shows 1490w. I've seen one as low as 1310w. You should be okay with that amp. Several people on another forum I visit have reported running 750w RMS to the Type-Rs without any problems so far. Just be careful with that volume control.

Username: Excesslancer

Atlanta , Ga Usa

Post Number: 7
kicker for subs and amps alpine for signal!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us