I Need Some Advice PLEASE???

Brad Kantz
Unregistered guest
If I use a good pair of component speakers in the doors like 4 - 6.5 inch CDT or 4 - 6.5 inch MB Quarts would a Bandpass box be okay for me to use in the trunk? I know Bandpass boxes get very loud and boomy and that's why I want one because all I listen to is rap music. I also know that Bandpass boxes are terrible for sound quality that's why I wanna know if I use a good pair of components will that make up for the sound quality so I can hear all the words in the music and not just BOOM BOOM BOOM? Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. A vented box is out of the question because I don't have the trunk space and I don't have a ton of money to spend on a powerful amplifier for a sealed box.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1808
the bandpass solution could work fine for you.
not all BP boxes suck by default.. if you have one custom built for the sub(s) you plan to use, it could work very well.
The ones that are really bad, are those prefabbed models with the cheap plexi windows you see in stores like best buy.
those things are just the suck.

Brad Kantz
Unregistered guest
Well it just so happens that is where I was looking was in Best Buy. It's a Q Logic bandpass box for 2 12 inch subs. I was planning on using 2 12 inch Rockford Fosgate Phase 3 subs. It's the same thing they have on display in the store in the bandpass box. The link below shows a picture of the bandpass. I don't know much about Q Logic boxes so maybe you could tell me if the box is worth the money or not. It sounds awesome in the store when I listen to the display. Thanks for your advice.

http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/view_large_image_frameset.pl?sku=QLCQB2124

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 88
alls i can say about band pass boxes is they have there good side and there bad side i would never put one in a trunk because it isnt as loud as a sealed or ported can be i would use them in hatch backs or suv's because they can be loud when bult and ported properly and they filter out distortion but your trunk would filter out distortion so that would be 2 times the filter thus it wouldnt be as loud and a nother bad thing is you dont know when your subs are screeming for mercie

by the way most band pass boxes i see are the same or larger than vented boxes

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1821
bandpass will tend to be louder tahn sealed or ported, by at least +3dB or more.
They also are usually 1.5X larger tahn a sealed box for the same subs.
the other downside is that they don't hit very deeply.. just hard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us