One 10 = 135dBs?

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
I just got one kicker comp vr 10 and a custom enginered box to go with it. the sub is on the far right side instead of the middle of the box, and there is a slot on the right side to let certain frequencies out, and we mesured it to hit 135 on the first day. is that very good spl for one 10?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 366
how speakers work - +3 db for double the power

1w - 85 db
2w - 88 db
4w - 91 db
8w - 94 db
16w - 97 db
32w - 100 db
64w - 103 db
128w - 106 db
256w - 109 db
300w - roughly 110 db

cabin gain +5-15 db
vented +3
you're in the 118-128 db range - please, inform us on you're setup - box tuning, amp, car - hatchback, truck or trunk

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1810
sounds right, and the box is most likely bandpass or vented.. I'm thinking 4th order from the description.
I've seen one 10" sub hit 141dB in the back of a Camaro at a competition, and it took home an award for that. I'm not surprised you're at 135.
good SPL. 130dB is the cut off for max at IASCA events, so you're good.

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
1000w sony amp, ford explorer i dont know the tunning except the box was custom built by the guy i know for this sub. i know the reason why it is so loud is the special box its in. we put the sub in a sealed 10 enclosure and it sounded avg even with the kicker comp sub but when we put it in the custom box is when we heard the big improvement, it was hitting harder and louder than my two 12s.

Username: Timmayyyy

Pasadena, CA U.S.

Post Number: 2
^ well, the box/setup is a critical element.. even more so than speaker itself..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us