Very quick wiring question

help please
Unregistered guest
ok my question has nothing to do with car audio subs but it has something to do with wiring...so this site will help...im going to buy (8) 18" pro audio subs...they each need about 750-1000 watts rms so i need roughly (2) 3000-4000 watt amps...well the amplifier i had in mind was the qsc plx 3402...which puts out 3400 watts rms @ 4 ohms...my question is could i wire 4 of these 18's to a 4 ohm load...the sub company i can buy these from sells the sub in a dual 8 ohm vc and a single 8 ohm vc...thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1491
what is the model of this amp you are trying to use? name brand and model to be exact

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1037
four 8ohm svc will only give you a 2ohm load.

help please
Unregistered guest
ok but isn't their like a parrallel/series wiring way of doing it i was wondering if that would work...its a qsc plx 3402...its pro audio not car...but the wiring should be the same

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1535
yes, if you wired 4 8 ohm subs in parallel, you would get a 2 ohm load. if you wired them any other way, then the ohm load would be too high, and you wouldn't get any amp output.

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 55
Get the 8 ohm DVC, wire the voice coils together in series, to make a 16 ohm load on each one. Then wire 4 of these 16 ohm subs in parallel to make a 4 ohm load.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us