Tuning frequencies of sealed boxes.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 471
Can sealed boxes be "tuned" to a certain frequency? My subs have about 1.25 cubic feet fer chamber right now estimated. What tuning would that be? Also, I noticed the REMIX of Move B*tch has INSANE bass, louder than any other song. Da Blow is pretty close but not quite that close to it. Late night tip isn't the loudest (although still quite loud) especially when the part comes to get really deep it isn't very loud at all... Could this be caused to the frequency's or what? Thanks :-)

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 699
No, you can't tune sealed boxes. I do believe that sealed boxes resonate around 40-50hz, which means it will be the loudest in that range. Which probably explains why the real low part in "Late Night Tip" doesn't seem that loud, becuase I think that low part dips into the 30's.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 472
thanks isaac. All I needed to know :-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3506
actually sealed boxes have a center frequency so tecnically they can be tuned its determined somewhat by theil small specs and box size used

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4815
There is a system resonance in a sealed box, and that frequency will depend on the subwoofer used as well as the box size. Not a great idea to "tune" a sealed box to the frequency you want, as you'll likely tradeoff either transient response or mechanical power handling to get it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us