Who can solve my problem?

Anonymous

hi
i live in gulf i bought this Xplod XM 222MK2 amplifire,i putted poineer 8'sub with it.After 1 day it burned the sub after that i putted geepas sub 12' 800 waats 4ohm but it also died in one week.then i putted one cheep 400 waats 4ohm sub its working fine but not much output.i dont know whats wrong with it. i am using it bridged.from start its not giving much output also if u increase vol up to 50% sound becomes un stable and very low bass and also gets very hot. Please tell me if there is any thing i can do to get more output.I already lost too much money in it.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1730
What is the output on the amp, and the RMS handling on the subs (including the sub you blew)?

Also, just curious, where do you live?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 391
Is it this amp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-XPLOD-222w-2-CHANNEL-CAR-STEREO-AMP-AMPLIFIER-SALE_W0QQ itemZ5812649105QQcategoryZ39738QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 393
First of all;

Is the amplifier installed correctly? Are the power, ground, and remote wires at least 12 guage?

Is the input sensitivity set correctly? This is also labled gain. This knob is meant to be adjusted to match voltage levels between the HU and the amp. Take it from me. I have been mistreating that knob for many years. This is not a master volume knob.

You should identify how many volts your HU is sending out, via your RCA pre-outs. Then identify what your amps input sensitivity range is. Then adjust the gain/input sensitivity knob to match the HU pre-out voltage.

This process can be more accurate if you use a DMM. It will be precise and will eliminate the guessing.

How are you bridging the amp? Is the amp bridgable? Make sure you are connecting to the correct terminals on the amp.

Last but not least. Are your fuses the correct size?

Anonymous

the output is 100 per channel,total 2 channels
bridged 222 watts.i am using it bridged with one sub.I dont know about RMS handling.Is it written on the sub?.first sub was from poineer 8' inches
400 watts and the other one was from geepas 12' inches 800 watts,current one is 400 watts 8'inc all are 4 ohm .can u tell me how to find out RMS handling and which wire i should use for the connection from cd player to my amplifire and then to my subwoofer ,speakers.thanks
i live in gulf.

Anonymous

yes thats the one i am using.
is there any difference between the guages of USA and gulf countries.sensitivity is set correctly.amp is bridgable.yes the fuses are correct size.
i have dought in power wires,about guages.
and second which type and guage wire i should use for connections from amp to subwoofer and speakers. distance between amp and sub is 2feet.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 399
At least 12 guage. 1/8" or 3-4 mm.

If everything is correct like you say, then the amp is bad.

Something tells me that there might be a short. Make sure that the wires do not short out with any other sources.

You live in the Gulf? Which Gulf? What is the voltage, and amperage coming from your source?

Try running your amp in stereo mode. In other words do not run it bridged. See if it still burns stuff up. There might be a problem with that circuity. Sony is not a reliable quality product you know. Thats why they sell for $35 "buy it now" on Ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 276
SUGGESTION! Don't use that Sony amp, instead, buy something better. I don't know that I would want an amp flashing "222" on it. That's worse than Audiobahn's flames! I wonder if Sony makes a "666" model...?

Anonymous

i live in qatar(arabic country)this stuff is very expensive here,this amp costs 150 $ and subs are also same.But now its not burning any thing and yesterday i changed the power cables to 12 gauge and its way better then before but the bass still not enough.
now kindly any one can tell me how to give connection to my amp from the cd player, which size wire i should use.i want to give a last try.
thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 278
There's Sony for ya, they can't pull the wool over American's eyes too much as far as price, but have it built in China and sold in an Arabic company? Yea, why not, and while they're at it, JACK UP THE PRICE! Sony is g@y sometimes...

Username: Zubair

Post Number: 3
my amp is 200 watts 4 ohm and i have one sub 400 watts and 2 woofer speakers 800 watts for rear all single voice coil and 4 ohm how can i connect them to the amp.Can i connect them in series at 2 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Jron

Post Number: 119
find a good shop that ships internationally, and get yourself some quality equipment. Sony is not one of them

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 407
From your HU (cd player);

Run 12 guage wire for your remote switch that turns on the amp.

Next run at least 12 guage wire for the ground. Make sure it is fasnted tight and to bare metal that is directly connected to the chassis. Try and keep it under 18" (1/2 meter) if possible.

The power wire should also be at least 12 guage, and that gets connected to the battery direct. Install an inline fuse on the power wire as an added protection.

Run RCA cables from your HU to your amp. Make sure you route the RCA cables through another route so they are not near your power/remote, and ground wire. If you have them close, there may be interference.

Run at least 12 guage speaker wire from your amp to your speakers. Some people install an inline fuse on the positive wire of the speaker as an added protection. One fuse for each speaker.

Anonymous

thanks for the help every body .I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us