Dual 2 Ohms
http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXT992222

Dual 4 Ohms
http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXT992244

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 107
insane

it'll be interesting to really see how the SQ is with that sub. My moneys against it.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 117
I bet Shaq will get like 3 for the hell of it

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 571
only $500 for shipping, what a bargain.

Bronze Member
Username: Mtxaudiouser

Post Number: 34
haha thats funny didnt notice

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 890
$500? Good hell! You could buy a set of good subs for that much.... It's just a rich man's show off toy. I bet almost any decent system will get louder than that POS.

hater
Unregistered guest
it is not a POS.

it is what it is.
if someone bought a yacht to put on a small lake, would you call that a POS?
in the application of small-income teenagers, and small economy cars, no it isn't practical, but in another application, where it would fit, like in a home theater room, or in the back of a van at a comp, it would be king in its element.

it may be overpriced, but so is JL, and that is the only reason people rag on JL.

please don't be so quick to jump on everything of you don't like it right away.

i would like to see ANY system get louder than that "behemoth" thing in it's proper enclosure, with the recommended RMS.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 919
UPS 3 Day Select 3 business days $464.95
UPS 2nd Day Air 2 business days $666.95
UPS Next Day Air Saver 1 business day $890.95

Wow!

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 62
"i would like to see ANY system get louder than that "behemoth" thing in it's proper enclosure, with the recommended RMS."

Are you kidding me? For like less the half of the price of that sub, you could get a multitiude of things that would sound better and louder.

How about 2 Eclipse Titanium 18 inch Pros? Those things would not only sound better doing it, but in all likely hood, smoke the living hell out of the Jackhammer.

Or, how about 3 18 inch MT's. You could probably get three MT's, the box, and maybe even the amps to power them for less then that flabby waste of woofer.

Please, know of that which you speak before you start shooting off at the mouth about nonsense. MTX makes junk subwoofers. They can't even get decent musical sound out of their 10 inch woofers, how in the world do you expect this thing to sound musical at all?

This is just another tool for compensation. Its like all of those people who buy those CXT pick-up trucks. ITs all about showing off in excess, but that truck, or those subwoofers have NO practical use in the real world.

hater
Unregistered guest
Q. How loud will it play?

A. Its output level is equal to 7 of the MTX Thunder9500 12's! And it requires less enclosure volume than the total volume needed for the seven Thunder9500 12's. For more info visit http://www.mtx.com/featured/index.cfm

straight from their website.:-)

"Please, know of that which you speak before you start shooting off at the mouth about nonsense. MTX makes junk subwoofers. They can't even get decent musical sound out of their 10 inch woofers, how in the world do you expect this thing to sound musical at all?"

i'm pretty sure i said LOUDER not more musical. i am aware that this subs motor structure is really heavy, and would not move as fast as a 10" sub, duh.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1487
MTX = Massive Trash Xtreme lol

that sub is a waste of money. but for one sub, it is very impressive, and would probably require little excursion to start hitting in the mid 130's.

i'm sure it could get MUCH louder, but the enclosure is probably suited to fit in a suburban with all but the front seats taken out, which then leaves no room for the 3 Zapco C2K 9.0x's to power them(or w/e amps you would choose). lol

personally, i think 3 MT's would require more airspace than the CrackJammer, but they would indeed be more musical and hit louder than that thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Corey

Post Number: 21
I agree with muddy. Sure it's big and massive,but its equal to 7 12" 9500... So why the hell would you get this pos for $6k+. You'd be MUCH better off getting some MTs, TI Pro's, DDs, Juggernauts, I could go on, but I think I made my point.

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
Ti Pro's man. I heard my first 15" Pro last night. OMFG! I'm gonna get two of those beasts in my Jeep before I die... But my cost is still pretty steep, since I don't sell very much...

j cash
Unregistered guest
Sh!t people talk sh!t about the mtx but they act like they dont want it. If i had the money ill buy one and put it in my house but not in my car i'll get some MT's for my car that's all i'll need.I ve talked to many people that would rather put it in their house than in a d@m car its too big and takes up too much space for a car or suv. Ill probably put one in an rv that sh!t would probably hit hard cause theyres more space.lol nah im just kidding that would be kinda nice though.

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 51
geez guys the sub is just for shock factor an by the way have any of you guys heard one yet............yeah....i am not saying its not the best sub ever its realy just for show. just like rims who needs 28" rims when 22"s are fine or even 14"s in the right app so just chill out it just for looks

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1510
nope, it's commone sense mixed w/ some science

larger subs aren't as SQ oriented due to larger moving parts, so they generally aren't as quick.
but they do get louder than smaller subs also due do the fact that there is more cone area distributing the sound.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1741
Think of the amp you would need to power that thing...I hope whoever buys that has a full sized pickup truck or bus.

Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 2
WOW, that website says that 1 Jackhammer gets louder than 4 Kicker Solo X 18's with 70% less watts RMS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 898
I'm thinking a Zapco 4kw amp. It'll push 5kw easily. Or maybe three Zapco C2K9.0's? Good god, if you're gonna spend that much $ on the sub, you might as well go all out on the amp. Maybe two Zapco 4kw at 2ohms...

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 218
"nope, it's commone sense mixed w/ some science

larger subs aren't as SQ oriented due to larger moving parts, so they generally aren't as quick.
but they do get louder than smaller subs also due do the fact that there is more cone area distributing the sound."

Actually, that's a myth. Neither driver diameter nor mass have anything to do with accuracy.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1528
yes it does, in it's respective sub series that uses the same motor.
a 8" "x" will hit faster than a 18" "x"

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1529
if you have a sub motor, and an 8" cone, it will move quick.
if you have the same motor, and an 18" cone, it will not move as fast due to the added weight of the cone and the thickness of the spider.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1530
and if it is a myth, then why wouldn't people use 18" subs in their super SQ setups.

your average 12" driver will have more cone control than your average 18" driver.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1533
don't think b/c i said larger subs aren't as SQ oriented means that i think a 10" Xplod will sound better than a 15" Avalanche.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 219
"it does, in it's respective sub series that uses the same motor.
a 8" "x" will hit faster than a 18" "x"

Transient response is based entirely on a speakers inductance, not diameter or moving mass. A driver with a higher inductance will have a slower transient response than that of a driver with a lower inductance. Period. It's a large myth in car audio today.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 285
I'd hit it...I'd hit MTX for being such a dang ripoff!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1537
then maybe it is safe for me to say that most 18" drivers i have heard have a higher inductance than all of the 10" & 12" drivers i have heard.

thanks dave.:-O

Bronze Member
Username: Mtxaudiouser

Post Number: 35
i saw that 34" Audiobahn woofer today in person its HUGE but all show its magnet is tiny i only got pics on my phone

Bronze Member
Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 44
Thanks for erasing my comments buncha racist punks!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1567
who?

pothead
Unregistered guest
Mike Jones!!!!

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
WOW!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »