Looking for someone experienced with re's se and xxx subwoofer, glasswolf.....

rob preg
Unregistered guest
Hi. You may remember me, ive posted several threads already getting suggestions for my next step. im currently running one alpine type-x 10" with kicker's kx600.1 rated at 710 watt rms in a slot vented box with 1.00 cubic foot volume. I want more spl. Im currently looking at the re auio se and xxx. I would look at the sx but i want to use my same amp and the sx is only dual 2 ohm and my amp is only stable down to 2 ohm. Now, how much louder would the re se (rated at 600w rms) sound compared to the type-x. And is the xxx even worth considering since its rated at 1600w rms and i would only be giving it 710. WOuld it even be louder than the se. I would be willing to spend the extra money for the xxx if it would be significantly better. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks for your time and thought.

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 174
I think you'd be better off with the SE. if you wanted the xxx that bad you could buy another 600.1 and it would do well with 1400 watts but 600-700 watts will have trouble moving it.

rob preg
Unregistered guest
or how bout possibly the IDMAX for that kicker kx600.1. would that possible be better than the re se or re xxx with the same amp.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1485
the IDMAX will get louder than the SE, but i don't think it will get louder than the SX or XXX. but the IDMAX will get plenty loud itself with 600 watts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us