MTX 22" Jackhammer

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 237
Anyone seen this thing in person?

I was watching P*** My Ride this morning and they installed one of these monsters in the car they were customizing. I was amazed to hear them say this thing weighed 360 lbs. They claimed this was the only car in the world with this 22" Jackhammer installed.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 235
maybe back when they casted it for the first time on TV it could have been the only one installed in any car

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 916
the subs are available only on special order. It is the first dialy driver car to have it installed and as far as I know still is.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3733
Sucks to be the guy that get's that awful thing in his car.

#1, it'll most likely sound like poo

#2, if you add the enclosure and amps plus the sub, he's got 400+ lbs of weight sitting in his car - That's gonna help his gas mileage a lot....

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 72
From what I have heard the kid is sueing "P-mp my Ride" for hearing loss or some crap!

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 117
ha thats really messed up of him
if i had my car "pimped" i would sell asap because i know in a couple days that car would be sittin on brakes and hate to see what would happen to the inside

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 736
Ya kidding about him sueing them - right !?

This topic has ran by this forum a few times b4 & its been said its just an overpriced/overweight/crappy gimmick used by MTX to promote their products . Same power can be acheived with far less expense,size/weight & totally more SQ with other existing audio equipment .......

Bronze Member
Username: Mtxaudiouser

Post Number: 31
haha why would he sue when the sub retails for $7500 without a box id sell that plus 5 top of the line mtx amps. 6 caps. 3 yellow top batteries. even if i was a sub fanatic id sell all that for a pretty penny and get something alot cheaper

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 116
They installed the the warning light thing when it got over 100db, so he was warned in advance

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 889
100db? OMFG! But to the uneducated mind, that would seem like a lot...

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 920
i think i can cough louder than 100 dB lol! The one guy was saying it was hitting 130 dB and I was jsut laughing. I've got a frind who's system hit's almost 147 dB's and that is when you need hearing protection or something. When you ge that loud in a daily driver it is jsut sick. My two 10's hit in the high 130's and sounds good. A lot better than the Jack Hammer.

Bronze Member
Username: Madhops

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 43
400 pounds? Gas Mileage? Ohhh god!!!! I play in basketball leagues. Just 2 of my friends make up 400 pounds. So what's the difference if it's a huge woofer in your backseat instead of 2 friends? Also to Wahl, how do you know your subs sound better? Do you or someone you know have a jackhammer? I think not!

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 276
yea that is true so it does seem like a gimmick but until they release this subwoofer out to the public and it shows up in competitions no one will really be sure if its worht the money or if its a big rip-off

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1508
you got your username back?

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 921
i'm sure my 10's arn't louder but the SQ I would bet my car that they would beat a jackhammer

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4811
"400 pounds? Gas Mileage? Ohhh god!!!! I play in basketball leagues. Just 2 of my friends make up 400 pounds. So what's the difference if it's a huge woofer in your backseat instead of 2 friends?"

Every 100 lbs makes you lose roughly 1-2% gas mileage. This woofer plus the box for it will weigh in close to 500lbs, so if your car gets 25mpg, you'll lose around 1-2mpg.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 277
nah if i got my username back i would have 800+ posts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us