Need help with sonyxm-222mk2 amp

Username: Zubair

Post Number: 2
hi
i live in gulf i bought this Xplod XM 222MK2 amplifire,i putted poineer 8'sub with it.After 1 day it burned the sub after that i putted geepas sub 12' 800 waats 4ohm but it also died in one week.then i putted one cheep 400 waats 4ohm sub its working fine but not much output.i dont know whats wrong with it. i am using it bridged.from start its not giving much output also if u increase vol up to 50% sound becomes un stable and very low bass and also gets very hot. Please tell me if there is any thing i can do to get more output.I already lost too much money in it.
thanks

Anonymous

hello
can any one help me with sony xm-222mk2.how to do wiring and what size of wire do i have to use.

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 16
First off, let me say that the problem is all with your amp. You are SERIOUSLY underpowering the subs you had hooked up to it. You said you had a 800 and a 400 watt sub hooked up at different times and now neither one works. This is why: Subs will blow a lot quicker/easier when you underpower them. Sony amps are highly over rated aswell. I just searched up the amp and all I could manage to see was that the Max power is 222 watts. You can't go by the max power of an amp, which can only tell me that the amp may only be putting 75-100 watts RMS to your sub. You said you already lost too much money already, but let me tell you now, if you stick with this amp, you will CERTAINLY have to spend more and more. I had a sony amp once and had it for a few weeks. I went through 2 subs and it acted more as furnace than an amp. My advice is to get rid of it and save up more money to but a good brand name amp. Then get a sub that matches your RMS on the amp, not the peak. May be more money upfront, but will save you tons in the long run. :-)

Username: Zubair

Post Number: 5
thanks for the help man.i think its time to get rid of it.

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 19
that would defently be the smartest thing to do!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us