Everyday my subs get quieter and quieter! other issues

kyle 18
Unregistered guest
every day my system just doesn't hit as hard as the day before, also last night the stereo would only play if the car was not running, it just looked like it was shorting out but i checked all the wiring, its working now though. I have the audiobahn 1500 htc amp, wired at 1 ohm (2000 watts rms) 1 farad audiobahn capacitor, and 2 15" dub series subs. The rca's on my deck went out so im using the back 6 by 9 wires into to a rca converter. it is in a 99 grand prix se with stock alt. and the capacitor is reading 14.9 volts. pleaseeeeeee help!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 697
Your running all that on a stock alt? OMFG.... My guess is that you are probably fryin' sh*t. That is way too much current to be pulling from any stock alternator. Upgrade your alt to atleast 150A and upgrade your Big 3 wires also. Leave your system unhooked for now, and just hope you haven't already killed it. Sorry for the bad news bro, but you should look into these kinds of things before you go hooking high-powered stuff up like that.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3730
Your cap's volt meter is also wrong. Even high output alt's don't charge at 14.9 volts, you could fry all the electrical components after a while. Your alt's regulator keeps it at 14.4 volts and lower.

Your especially not getting 14.9 volts with a stock alternator.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us