NEW AIRBRUSHED BOX

Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 1
Upload
Upload

got it airbrushed by one of my buddys, turned out really well.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 723
Now 1st time ever i'm seeing a speaker blue box - lol

Good attempt ,not too bad but edges could have been a tad neater .

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1700
The orange/blue looks nice.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 216
Good job.

Anonymous

dude that is ugly looks like my son finger painted it in his pre-k class

Stop Hiding or GTFO.
Unregistered guest
stop hiding. show yourself and register. that way, we will know it is you when you post something inconsiderate, and noone will take your advice when you post again.

the only people that post under anonymous are people that are hiding under another username, or are extremely new to the forum, in which case most newbs don't immediately start thrashing on other peoples DIY's.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 382
Ha Ha HA at yourself

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 488
nice box, but y blue and orange not exactly the first colors i would think to paint a subwoofer box.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1438
what?

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 82
yo why does that w6 have a w7 badge

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1443
i think it might say W6, but i can't really see it that well.
the W7 and the W6 badge look similar.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 190
My W7 badge isnt nearly that bright..more of a greyish than white.

Post Number: 2
i wanted it to look like that, a stencil that looked like it got spray painted on. and yea i knew of no1 who had a blue and orange box so i decided to go for it. its alot better then the color of mdf tho.

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 69
Whats wrong with the sub?The JL symbol in the middle is off-centered from the lower badge. The w6v2 doesn't even come with a middle symbol, is that a sticker?

Post Number: 7
yea. the jl sticker that comes with the sub. just for effect, like how the RE XXX has the XXX in the middle, just to show how far the sub is hitting. and yes it is offcentered for a reason.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 925
i dont mean to bash it but... i think your trying to hard and ur making it look tacky... if you like blue thats fine its ur own opinion but you should have purchased the big JL logo decal from JL and either put that on there or used it to make a 100% accurate stencil. it would have come out much cleaner. and as for the sticker on the sub even if it were centered i think they look so much better with just black and the W6 logo... but hey w/e you like... id like to hear why its off center though. lol

again, not trying to just rag on you. just maybe putting ideas in your head for the future and giving my 2 cents..

Bronze Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 37
cool i would of chose black and red but thats just me... if you get anything else done post it

Anonymous

I'm not that same anonymous above BUT i must say that box is an insult to that sweet JL sub . The guy thought he did a good job but lets all be real !

Blue ! c'mon now thats pretty lame . The logo on top looks rather sketchy like an old man with artritis did it . Did anyone else notice the overspray cause by the stencil being made too small , makes it even worst . Then 'the icing on the cake' was the outta placed sticker thing .

If u wanted to be different by not going with traditional carpeting , u should have taken it down to the upholstery centre & have done with some nice leatherette material instead . Even some laminate or formica would have looked better .

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 175
hey joe I wouldn't worry about these people say. I bet most of the people talking crap about your box don't even have subs and if they do they're audiobahns or sony xplod's. I like it because its something different to look at than grey carpet or mdf. Plus, who gives a crap what they think as long as you like it.

Post Number: 8
exactly, i was thinking of doing it black with red but i thought the black would absorb too much heat and cause some damage to the sub, so i went with a diff. color, and its not like there was a rainbow of colors. i just picked from what he had. and the sickers off center because i dont feel that everything should be perfect, somethings just look better crooked/offcenter to me. and yes, i asked him to overspray, just for the effect. carpet is just too common, iv seen it in too many cars and to me it doesent look right.

ill post more pics as soon as its done, im gonna get a few people to tag some stuff on it. to start i got the JL symbol with "just chil" written in it.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 926
cody- i hope your not tlaking to me because yes i stated how i felt but i didnt do it disrespectfully. and ive own an avalanche and im probably going to order a SX when my parents get back into town. but if your talking about if its a good job... then plan and simple no it was not a good professional-like job. but yes, if hes happy then thats what counts... just dont try to win a best of show competition lol... dont take it personal joe.

Post Number: 9
i kno man, its prety much temporary until i get a nicer car and put it in there permenantly in a very nice enclosure

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 119
What kind of car is that going in

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 124
What's that white thing by the port?

Post Number: 10
probably either a really old caddy, which im gonna do up realllly nice. or a new cadillac stx or wutever its called. there new sports car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
the white thing is the wire from the amp to the sub. btw what gague wire should i be using for about 500 watts.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1503
you should drill a small hole in the back of the box, and run the wire through there, it looks much cleaner that way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yea, again its temporary so it really doesent bother me. as long as it gets loud and sounds good doing it, apperance isnt an issue til i get out of school and get a new car. thats when it all will be professionally done with a fiberglass enclosure, and all that good stuff.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 927
that will not fit into a XLR (the new sports car) a STS and CTS are sedans as well as the DTS

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i mean a custom fiberglass enclosure. i know that box will not fit into that trunk haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us