Help for my mother

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 110
my mother has a 87 porsche 944 she upgraded her system back in 1990 and its pretty bumed out now
so i wanted to get her:
Pioneer p7700
CDT KA-61 6 1/2" Components
but the thing is i want to get a little 8" as well but my mother doesnt like alot of bass so i was wondering if i could hook up the 2 rear channels of the head unit to the 8" so it gets like 50 or w/e rms
my mom doesnt want a amplifier and all this stuff runnin in her car shes really parinoid over her car even doin just the speakers and head unit its etchy to her

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10528
then forget the sub entirely.

it's her car

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 874
true dat.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 111
she wants a little bass but doesnt want an amp, could you put 2 channels of the head unit to a dual coil subwoofer ?
or anyway i can get both channels to an 8"

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1693
Nah, not off a headunit.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1422
so your wants some "boom-boom" in her ride?
seems like a pretty cool mom to me. lol

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 720
Then some a pair of 6x9s will give her sufficient bass without annoying her .

Cool car btw for a mom - lol

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 115
yea she had it for since she bought it, it was the big hit for women in the mid and late 80's
oh and lol my mom hates that heavy bass but my friends mom jams to marvin g@y and stuff in his expedition whenever she needs to use it
.... 6x9 would be a good idea ... how do they sound in those boxes ... is there something like bass blockers but for mid and highs

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 729
Lots of ppl on this forum don't like 6x9s - but hey i did a simple system upgrade for my sis's husband recently (he's in his 40s) & he too did not want a 'banging' bunch of bass either .
So i installed a new Hu that has outputs for FR/Rear speaker L/R ,re-use the doors stock speakers but added a small pair of tweeters & a pair of 6x9s in the rear & i must say i knew it would be good but man it sounded so clean & with just enough bass & loud to appreciate it .

He has a station wagon so i built normal rectangular boxes from a generic measurements of boxes i've seen selling on the net . Think it was 12x9x8 & we had some leftover 5/8 plywood left over from a home project that we used to build them . Cheapest simple set-up i done but was well worth it ....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10543
put 6x9s in the back floor behind the wheel wells. you can cut openings in those boards to hold the speakers, then put grilles over them. done it many times in 944s.
then put door speakers in the car in front, and a small 4 channel amplifier in one of the rear storage wells.
if you want a little more low end, add a 6" bass tube with it's own amplifier built into it.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 116
lol i love to do all that but first
she doenst like loud music and there is no way she would let me cut out her pannels yet alone run a couple more wires through her car ... ima just put them in the trunk but ill try to convince her about installing new 6x9's with a grill
thanx for the help

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 737
In this instance of using 6x9s u can buy the pre-fab boxes as they are really not like powerful subs but do get the best quality built 1s of course !

Slow traffic on this forum huh - look @ the posting pattern extreeeemly slooooow all day !!!!! Upload

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 573
moms can be weird sometimes. My mom knows first hand that I've installed head units in a dozen cars, but when her factory HU's display dies, rather than let me replace it for free with an old pioneer I have laying around, she ops to send it back to the dealership and pay $600 for a replacement. I think part of it is that she wished I had other interests and that her letting me fix her car would be proving that my hobby actually has value, but we'll leave that one up to the psychologists.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us