Sony amp problem

Matt G
Unregistered guest
SO my problem is this. I have a sony xm-sd61x mono amp. Sony's new model. It worked great for a while but stopped working a month ago. I have replaced all the wires and checked all the connections. When i jump the power and remote lead it cuts on and off like the surge protection is kicking in. The power light blinks on and off. Is the amp bad? I am at a total lose. I just bought this amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10493
"SO my problem is this. I have a sony xm-sd61x mono amp."

that said it all right there, Matt.
sony amplifiers are notorious for failing in under a year. They have the reliability of a rubber crutch.

Username: Zubair

Post Number: 1
hi
i live in gulf i bought this Xplod XM 222MK2 amplifire,i putted poineer 8'sub with it.After 1 day it burned the sub after that i putted geepas sub 12' 800 waats 4ohm but it also died in one week.then i putted one cheep 400 waats 4ohm sub its working fine but not much output.i dont know whats wrong with it. i am using it bridged.from start its not giving much output also if u increase vol up to 50% sound becomes un stable and very low bass and also gets very hot. Please tell me if there is any thing i can do to get more output.I already lost too much money in it.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 17
Read the other topic that you started on this amp. I answered your question on this topic.

Post Number: 6
can i use this amp at 2 ohm, because i heard it will give output of 444 in 2 ohm but the problem is what will be the sequence of wiring parallel or from one speaker to the other and then to the amp.I have 2 6" and 1 8" sub's all 4 ohm and amp also 4 ohm .

Post Number: 7
two 6" and one 8" sub's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us