I Got Some ?'s..Doing Some Smart Shopping.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1408
Which is the best buy for SQL?

-Adire Audio Brahma 12"(when will new subs be out?)
-Ascendant Audio Avalanche(when will the 12's be out?)
-Image Dynamics IDMAX 12"(don't need any more than 800wRMS?)
-Resonant Engineering XXX
-SoundSplinter Rl-p

Thanks.
Only Serious Replies Please.
I would really like to hear GW's and Jon's thoughts on these.(please guys help me out)But anyone w/ experience is more than welcome to give suggestions.
I don't want to go any bigger than 3ft.3, and would prefer ported for the "L" in SQL. lol
My Restrictions Are What My Amp Puts Out:
500wRMS @ 4 ohm
870wRMS @ 2 ohm
1200wRMS @ 1 ohm
and i preferably would like to go with a one-sub setup.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 918
i dont know how money tight you are but with only 3cuft to work with i (think) the IDMAX subs work great with small boxes and they definetly have the most SQ in SQL out of the group. if you mean u have 3cuft gross then id definetly go with the idmax. but if you mean you have 3cuft net than you could probabl do anything there.

sorry the only sub i actually have experience with is the avalanche im sure im not much help.

oh i think i read earlier on IDs site that the idmax 12 just needs like a 1.8cuft net enclosure ported. ... dont hold me to it though. check out their site. www.imagedynamicsusa.com i need to get to bed i got school in he morning.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1411
money is not a problem, but i don't want to spend a lot on one sub if another sub will do the same for less money.:-O

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 920
and btw muddy... if u ever hear about anycomps near us let me know im only about an hour away from you id like to meet up one day at a comp or something.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 921
if money is not a problem. i think id try to do 2 10 inch ID maxs ... idk tho 2 subs might be hard with just 3cuft. if you can build a box sufficient for the XXX i think id just do that then. w/e u do id like to hear it one day

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1412
definitely Trevor, i have always looked forward to meeting someone on this forum in person, and it seems like there are a bunch of people from FL on here.:-O

thanks for the advice, i had originally planned on going with the IDMAX, b/c i can get a really good price on it, but i am unfamiliar with these other brands, and have heard nothing but good things about them.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 922
yeah im in ur boat. i enjoy trying these new things. i love using underground products though because every1 is like thats trash. and then they get the suprise of their life. although idk about ocala but here in spring hill no1 knows about image dynamics really either. i was looking at a magazine witht his kid and there was a system with like 4 L7s and 2 kx1200.1s and hes like that system is soo awesome. he flips the page and theres a SUV with 5 ID maxs with 5000watts from Arc audio amps. im like no that system is awesome hes like is it really good or are you kidding? kidding... ha yeah right. an IDmax is definetly one of the subs i want to own one day.. i have a list lol... avalanche (check) xxx, sx, mt, idmax, eclipse Ti, DD 9500e, and um maybe some others i cant think now. oh heres one i forgot dont hate me. 13w7. lol. and i dream of zapco amps. lol. but i love my JL. well anyways now im really going to bed.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 150
yep ditto for me on the comp thing i'd love to meet people who have high quality systems no one around here does. they all roll w/ audiobahn :-(

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1416
bump.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1030
my brahmas are phenomenal.
full. deep. accurate. extremely musical subs.
pics are going up one by one on the adire site, so soon. hi res should be up within the next 2weeks, lol.
as you well know, you can't go wrong with any of them. which of course makes the decision that much more difficult. what made my purchase so simple is i spoke with chris, and he did me a personal favor on the hybrid at the time when there were no more brahmas available. exotic/different. easy decision.
i would wait a month and decide after you hear 1st hand from new sub owners.
i would lean more toward the rl-s if affordable. not nearly as many people will have it as the others. fresh grade a

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1417
thanks for the input mikechec.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1069
yea...like mikechec9 said, brahmas are amazing. some people complain about their mid-bass trasition, but i never had a problem w/ my brahma 10". i had it in 1.6 cuft tuned to ~34hz. it was most musical sub i have ever heard...put any w7 from local shop installs to shame. It made me fall in love w/ XBL^2.

That lil sucker could drop low and never break a sweat. Even in my daily box tuned to 34hz w/ 600wrms, my 1 10" was as loud as 2 12" compVRs sealed w/ 800wrms. (tested it against an installers system on a mic at a local shop)

The new RL-s looks amazing aswell...but its not intended for vented box use. And the sealed box recommendation is like 5cuft. Personally, I would hold out for adire's new Tumults or RE's new XXX's.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10512
any of those would make nice subs for SQL.. see which is best suited to the type of box you prefer, and the power you plan to supply them.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 924
the new XXX is gonna have a displacement of like 3cuft lol... i cant image the box specs for the new XXX will be small enough but wait til november4th to find out.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1423
I think i'm gonna stick with Image Dynamics.
I can get them for relatively cheap, and I can just go through my audioshop to order them.

I tried to contact 2 of the dealers in FL about some Adire's(the 2 listed on Adire's Dealer List), and the first one's phone # was no longer available, and the second didn't sell Adire, go figure. lol

I would like to get an Avalanche 12", but i don't know when they will be coming out. I looked on their website, and I couldn't find out, but maybe I didn't look in the right place.

Also, how much of a difference in SQ is there from an RE SX compared to these subs listed above?

Is it a huge difference, and would an SX sound bad with 1200wRMS with music like Rock?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
http://www.creativesound.ca/products.php?make=Adire
they're now shipping.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1033
"Adire Drivers: We have a small quantity of the new drivers!
The following modela have passed incoming inspection and are available. The items with shipping costs will be updated shortly. There will be a few more Tuesday next week. Stay tuned.

B15-D4, B12-D4, T15-D8, T12-D4"

http://www.creativesound.ca/index.html

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1424
they are out of stock of all sizes and VC config of the Brahma's.

maybe it just wasn't meant to be. lol

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 213
I'd consider the 12" or 15" version of the RE SE. 3 cu ft. @28-32 hz would provide excellent ouput and outstandnig SQ while doing it. For under $200 per sub before shipping..it's hard to pass up. The XXX is quite the power hungry sub so I'd consider the Brahma before the XXX given the amount of power you have available. However for less than half the money you can go with the SE and put together a great SQL setup.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1425
thanks for the suggestion.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1435
where's Jon?.............bump!

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 367
I have not heard the Brahmas, IDMax, or Avalanche yet but I do own the X.X.X. ( 1 15" and 1- 18") and the SX (18"). I'm probably the biggest RE freak in here.
I just wanted to spit my thought at you. The x.x.x. is an awesome SQL sub and since you want to know the difference between the SX and the rest(or in my case the X>X>X>) then I'll tell you.

I'm currently feeding my 18" SX 1200 w RMS with an RE 12.1 ( and, may I add,awesome amp). I would have to say it's an AMAZING sub and not just because I own it, its got great SQ, considering it's SPL oriented sub.
Myself, I listen to rap,hip-hop,rock,alternative ,old school love songs,Art Laboe's oldies but goodies, and so on and so forth, Basically, I listen to everything, However, I would have to say that the SX is more suitable for Rap and hip-hop and SOME Rock/Alternative songs.

But , like I said, its got great, and I mean awesome, SQ, considering it's an SPL oriented sub.
Loud as sh1t too !!!!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1439
thank you VERY much DR MAX, i was leaning towards either purchasing the SX, or the IDMAX, and i thought to myself "these subs are on different sides of the spectrum", but RE claims that the SX has excellent SQ(on their website) and i would love to get one. i will be going from a 10" Digital Designs 2000a sub to either a IDMAX, or an SX, and i am not sure as to how much SQ i would lose going to an SX, or gain going to an IDMAX.
i know both will be MUCH louder, but i want really loud with more than average SQ, and i think i can get that out of an SX.

should it make a difference in my decision that i can get the 12" IDMAX for around the same price as the SX?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1440
i do listen to mostly rap, but i want clean bass(which my 10" DD has), and when i listen to some Rock, i want crisp bass(which my 10" DD also has).:-O

but i want louder!! lol

astrosafari7733
Unregistered guest
how do you 10's make enough bass that sounds good? i want to go with 4 15's in my van and maybe with a 12 or 2 15's and 2 12's or 3 15's and 1 12. but less then that just isnt enough. unless u have maybe 4 5 or 6 10's. or 8's. u need about 8 of those.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1441
b/c it is in a 1.7ft3 ported box, which is a good size for a single 10 that only handles 300wRMS. My Friends box is the same size for 2 10" Kicker Comps sealed.
and it is a DD. lol

it hits around 130db's.:-)

Jonathan Please!!!
Unregistered guest
give me some input on your IDMAX.:-O

and how it would compare to the other subs listed, and would going from any of those subs to an RE SX really be THAT big of a difference in SQ and Loudness(i don't like to use SPL, b.c that signifies no SQ. lol)?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4798
If you want to go ported and keep your SQ, choose between the XXX and the ID Max. Both work better ported than the others mentioned.

Choose the XXX if you want better low bass emphasis. The XXX will be louder, but is a good bit more power hungry, 1000W minimum. Above 60hz is muddy, as is that of the Brahma and Avalanche. SX is similar in performance, not quite as clean as the XXX, but more efficient and gets louder at lower power levels. Works a little better ported, too. SX will probably get louder than the ID Max overall, but I haven't done a lot of testing on the SX, so don't hold me to that.

Choose ID Max if you want to transition to 2 way components or simply components that don't do well below 100hz or so. Gives a flatter response in a ported box. Low bass isn't as authoritative as the XXX, but very respectable, especially tuned around 25hz or so. ID Max is more efficient than the XXX, 700-800 watts is optimal for one in most enclosures.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1445
thank you. i am now sold on the IDMAX.

*slams the gavel*

this session is now over!

lol

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 370
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! You're making a horrible mistake....!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I'm just playing man

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1447
whew!........before i read the last statement in your post, i felt a sharp pain in my left arm.Upload lol j/k
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us