Best subs for this set-up.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 124
i have a 1.9 cu ft sealed enclosure. i'll probably get a 1200 watt 1ohm amp. right now i have a rf power 851s pushing 2 infinity perfect 12.1 dvc subs and it sounds really good. hits pretty hard too, but i would like to shake the earth, lol. i might get the re 12.1 amp cuz of the size. i'll only have about 18 inches in length to play with there. i want them to pound hard, but still sound good. i was thinking of the xxx's, but i keep hearing they're not optimal for sealed enclosures. also, i don't have a choice about my enclosure, just the sealed 1.9 cubic feet for the pair. thanks......

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
bump........

throw some subs at me and compare them to my perfects. i wanna know if it would be worth upgrading. like the soundsplinters, eclipse titaniums, an re sub, anything that would be way better. if it's just a little better then i might not want to go through the trouble. remember......sealed 1.9 cubic feet enclosure for the pair......thanks folkz.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 566
what are you doing with perfects and a sealed enclosure if you want to shake the earth?

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
i changed my mind, lol. the sealed enclosure is not a choice though. i have minimal room in a jeep wrangler. don't get me wrong, the perfects are awesome subs, exspecially for the money.

anyone....

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
tough crowd, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1459
try an IDMAX
they work extremely well in small sealed enclosures, and will take about 800wRMS to reach full potential, but the VC's are rated at 1000wRMS if you wanted to give it a little more.

http://imagedynamicsusa.com/products_page.php?id=idmax&type=sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
thanks muddy. you think those would hit harder than those soundsplinters or the eclipse ti's???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us