Wiring ?

Unregistered guest
I have 2 15" 8 ohm DVC subs and I going to wire them up to make 2 ohms. My ? is I have them in 2 seperate boxes how would be the best way to run the wires out of one box in to the other box so I can wire them 2 ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 688
Wire each of them seperately and then just run them in parallel to the amp. What subs do you got anyway? Just curious.

Unregistered guest
They are Diamond audio subs. Are you saying run the 4 wires to the amp and hook the 2 pos. together and the 2 neg. together? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 700
Er - weren't u the same guy who posted that same ? a few wks aback ?

I think we all told u that simply make sure the + wires coming out from each terminal were connected together & same goes for the - wires to give a 2ohm load......

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 701
WOOOOOOOW - that was my 700th posts , just realised that ..............Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1395
yay for Rovin!!
you are on your way to becoming a star...a Gold Star that is! lol

Unregistered guest
Nope thats the first time I asked that ?. So as long as all the pos. & neg. are together I will have a 2ohm load. Thanks

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 703
"a Gold Star that is" - hmmmm ,hope not like the fridge or microwave ....lol

70003 - well a guy asked that very same ? 2wks back & he too had Diamond subs .
Yep that will = 2ohms .

Impedence cuts in 1/2
so on 1 sub 8+8 = 4
& on 2nd sub 8+8 = 4

so 4+4 will = 2ohms ...tada !

Unregistered guest
That was probaly me asking how I could wire my subs to get 4ohms and everyone told me that I could only wire them 2ohm or 8ohm. So I know how to wire them 2ohm. My ? is what would be the best way to run the wires to the amp being that the subs are in 2 different boxes. Should I

1. hook both subs 4ohms in each box and run the wires from both boxes to the mono amp.
OR
2. hook up one sub and the run the wires to the other sub and then run the wires to the mono amp.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 708
Number 1 is the answer

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 379
Instal a cheap binding post in the center divide wall, or if you have separate boxes, then install bi-wire binding posts and run wires from one to the other.

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?exact_match=yes&product=TC&cart_id=65 73323.16837
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us