MTX New Jackhammer ????

Username: Loud_and_low

Post Number: 2
Okay im sorry i just found out about this. Someone please tell me if im crazy but this looks like total Bull Sh*t! that has to be the stupiest thing i have ever seen. Go to the web sight if you want they don't even list a halfway complete set of spec. I just wanted to throw it out there, this thing looks like a total joke. Wondering what other people think?

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/jackHammer.cfm

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 123
oh its real, with a $7,500 MSRP. it was installed in a car for "p1mp my ride" on mtv. only two exist. supposed to come out soon i think. i emails them and they replyed. I answers i wanted, i didnt get, the answers i got, i didnt want.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 859
Yea. It's for some rich kid that want's something no one else has. That one on p1mp my ride only hit like 120db...

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 267
im pretty sure that the sub can hit way louder than that its just that they didnt turn it up or who knows...maybe those idiots are powering the Jackhammers with some 2000watt cuspid amps idk

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 44
think it was more like 8 mtx amps

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4368
Yea but 8 amps without proper current won't put out much.
I doubt those guys installed 2 or 3 HO alternators in the car.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 108
it was 4 or 5 amps i think but they had 2 other subs i think 9500 but that means only 2 or 3 were powering the jackhammer also it had no box i think they used the trunk for a enclose
it was funny how the kid reacted ... he thought it was a jet turbine .... kid was like OMFG WTF is that

Bronze Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 35
it has to hit harder than 120 for 8 stacks with out install. maan youll come out alot better buying like 4 w7's

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 45
based off what i saw on the show they only added extra batterys i think p1mp my ride is g#y anyay they dont do much more than put ugly paint jobs and big rims on a busted car like a pacer why.

i have another show that did some but stuff. They said they wanted some high end epuipment i was expecting to see some high en d stuff only to see 2 sony xplod subs what a joke

u cant write pimpe without the e

Bronze Member
Username: Mtxaudiouser

Post Number: 32
Quote MTX.com e-mail
"Q. What is the cost of the JackHammer?

A. The woofer itself is an MSRP of $7,500.00 each.

Q. When will the JackHammer be available to order/purchase?

A. The JackHammer is scheduled to become available in limited quantities the end of August and will only be available from MTX Elite Dealers. For serious inquiries, please e-mail mtx@mtx.com or contact 1-800-CALL-MTX and you will be referred to an Elite Dealer.

Q. Why did MTX design such a woofer?

A. JackHammer is all about excess! It is the 1st commercially available True 22" woofer for mobile audio enthusiasts who only want the best. Learn more at www.thetrue22.com

Q. How loud will it play?

A. Its output level is equal to 7 of the MTX Thunder9500 12's! And it requires less enclosure volume than the total volume needed for the seven Thunder9500 12's. For more info visit http://www.mtx.com/featured/index.cfm

Q. How is it going to sound and will it perform up to its expectations?

A. The sound quality of the JackHammer will equal or exceed other high quality subs, even MTX's Thunder 9500's and also plays lower. It is sensitive, reacts very fast to the signal it is given and can play very low while maintaining a tight punch.

Q. What MTX amps should be used to power the JackHammer?

A. We recommend using four Thunder TA81001's or two Thunder TA92001's. Electrical upgrades to the vehicle will be required to meet the electrical current requirements. Check out http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/indexSuper.cfm for more details.

Q. What vehicles would the JackHammer fit into or can be installed in?

A. It will fit in most full size SUV's and any appropriate vehicle in a custom installation.

Q. How much does the JackHammer weigh?

A. The woofer itself weighs 369 lbs., but keep in mind, the typical SUV it will be installed in is designed to haul much heavier loads.

Q. Is it going to be offered in a pre-fab enclosure like the 9500 SledgeHammer?

A. Yes. A single woofer in its specifically designed SledgeHammer enclosure has an MSRP of $10,000.00

Q. What if the JackHammer is not right for me, but I am interested in other great MTX products?

A. Visit www.mtx.com , call 1-800-CALL-MTX or locate your nearest MTX retailer at http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/dealer.cfm"

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 118
A $2500 Box, thats crazy

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 109
I think it was such a flop on PMR is because they didnt even use an enclsure, you gotta separate the drive from the front of the cone.

Either way it still is stupid. No way its gunna have good SQ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us