This may be a stupid question but....

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 38
I got asked this and I dont know if you can or can't...
can you have 2 DIFFERENT amps running one sub?

thanks

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 42
Anyone care to help?

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 44
The amps would a 1400 class D and a 1100 watt class D if this does anything else...this is not for my benefits but a friend!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2962
You can, but not with the 2 amps you just mintioned.

Joe Torres
Unregistered guest
I assume you mean you'd be wiring each voice coil to each amp. I'd think they'd have to be identical amps, as even differences between brands w/ same RMS wattage could cause problems. And I'd think that getting them out of phase could cause torquing of the cone, which could be catastrophic, especially at the wattage you're talking about.

But then again, I've never heard of anyone doing it, successfully or otherwise. Someone with more experience should give you the final advice

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 45
Yeah I was thinking Both amps POSTIVE wire to sub positive...and both AMP negative wires to sub negative..so kinda of crossed wired.
but I wasnt sure my self...
thanks!

Username: Bbkk

Post Number: 1
Hey I have a stupid question. I bought a 600w 2-channel Legacy amp and 12" Kenwood 600w subs and I have no idea where to start. I have a 97 Monte Carlo if that helps. I don't know how to hook it up. If someone could quick explain to me that would be great.

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 47
Go get an amp kit, or "bulk" wires from a store and you hook the amp to the CD player.....
www.bcae1.com, good site for help on everything!

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 86
You need to use RCA cables and a remoter wire to hook up between your amplifier and your Head Unit. You need to hook up prolly an 8AWG wire from the positvie terminal of your battery to the positive terminal of your amp. You need to ground your amps as well. You also need to run speaker wire from the output terminals of your amp to the terminals on the sub. (+ to +, - to -)

To get all of this stuff you need to go to your local car audio shop or other business that sells amp wiring kits. This kit will contain all of the componets metioned above and how to install them in greater detail. Any more specific questions just ask :-)

Username: Bbkk

Post Number: 2
Thanks!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us