Need help choosing a sub!

Username: Instigator11

Post Number: 2
hey im planning on buyin a new system on ebay. FYI, im a low budget (im 17 w/ a part time job + has to pay gas on an expedition!) Im waaay to impatient to save up so im trying to get everything on my next paycheck. I already spent $300 on a sony head unit.

Right now im comparing 2 systems that both come with a montego bandpass box and a soundstorm 1600 watt amp as well as a free pair of 320 watt tweeters and an 800 watt amp kit.

one comes with 2 audiobahn AW1251T 12's
the other one comes with 2 Sony p5 12's.

They both are on ebay for about $250, and it comes with everything i listed above. I think its a great deal to get a whole system for that price. I read alot of people bashing audiobahns on this forum, but you guys compare it to much more expensive set-ups. So which subs you guys go if you were in my situtation? Sony P5's or Audiobahn?

Thanks alot

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 33
Personally Ive never heard Audiobahn, but Ive heard some sony subs (ported box) and it wasnt that bad at all! I have the new model of sonys AMp the 1400 watt class D, and it power my 2 Type R's with no problems at all!

Username: Banksbuck50yayo

Post Number: 8
im 17 and i have a part time job too and i found some good deals on ebay for kicker 12 inch L7 solos for around 350.00-400.00 for 2 of them. i would recommend these for ur expedition it would sound so tyt- peace

Post Number: 5
yeah then i gotta spend another 150-250 for an amp, 100 for a box, then like 50 for wires. I think im gonna go with the sonys though. Its a complete system for $250. ya cant beat that with a baseball bat. Im just gonna get these to start with just cause i really want a system in my car this weekend when im going to vegas (it draws attention from the ladies :D) But for sure, my next paycheck im gonna sell these subs and put in either type-r or RE's since i'v heard alot of good things about them on here.

Username: Mindgame

Post Number: 2
im also 17 and have part time job and ALSO drive and expo :D

i bought 2 12" keenwoods cus i was impacient. if i were you i would just wait till you save up enough money, cus i have spent more money and stuff replacing things, cus now i got 2 15" l7's, so yeah, just try and hang in there lol.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 261
Jason stay aways from sony SUB, AMP... Audiobahn are okay for the money. I had two 12's aw1208t on a camaro and they slamed..

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2947
Audiobahn... way better than Sony. Especially in spl, but what do I know.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 864
OMFG! $150-250 for an amp? The cheapest amp I've bought lately was $550. And my Eclipse Ti's were $275 a peice, and that's CHEAP!!! No offense, but that's not a lot of $. I've worked part-time jobs when I was younger, and I just saved up, trust me, it's worth it.

Post Number: 7
well... ya see... i dont save up. I get paid every 2 weeks and its usually all gone after the 2nd weekend (i get paid saturdays) So im always broke the week before i get paid. And im not one of those guys that gets hard off of really good subs. Im just looking to add some thump, not set off car alarms. Im pretty sure 2 12"s in ported box will keep me satisfied for a couple months untill christmas comes. Then i'l sell my old set up and get something that really bumps. Like 15" BMF's.

Bronze Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 48
im 17 and work part time and have to put premium gas into a 3000GT. ive saved up over the entire summer for my system, because its better to spend more money and get something youll love forever than it is to buy something cheap that youll want to upgrade after a few weeks. and then youve just wasted 250 bucks, plus i dont remember if you mentioned a box in that deal and im too lazy to scroll up. your 17, which means like me your going to college next year, so you might want to start learning to save money soon or college will rip you a new hole. just my .02
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us