HELP ME COMPETITION ON THE WAY

Username: Tooth_pick17

Saint Meinrad, In U.S.

Post Number: 1
This is really important. I thought i would get yours guys imput before ne one elses. I have 2 kicker L7 solobaric dual voice coil 2 ohm subs. I have two rockford fosgate p3001 amps. What will i have to do to hook these up properly to these subs. I would like to also run the 2nd amp off of my 1F capacitor if possible

Username: Tooth_pick17

Saint Meinrad, In U.S.

Post Number: 2
ALso both of my amps are 2 channel

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4349
Since it's only RF, it should be 4ohm stable in bridged mode.
Connect your subs in series so that each sub is 4ohms.
You should either use the cap for both amps or none at all.

Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 10
By the way, the P3001 is only 1 channel (mono). I have one myself. There are two terminals on the amp for easy hook up of 2 subs in 2 ohms. Use terminal A for one sub. If you wanted to have 2 subs running in 2 ohms, then you simply connect the second sub to Terminal B. This allows for easy wiring and the terminals are connected on the inside for a 2 ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 232
Seems to me you have the wrong amps for your subs. Since you're using one amp per DVC 2 ohm sub, you have to wire then in series for a 4 ohm load. The specs on that amp show it isn't stable below 2 ohms, so you can't parallel the VCs for a 1 ohm load. Looks like you'll be giving each sub a mere 150w RMS. If I remember correctly, those L7s call for about 700w RMS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us