Is it the box??? 2 re 8"s

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 78
ok i have 2 re 8"s and a diamond audio 300.2 d5.
i just bought a new pair of boxes off ebay(there nicely built not the cheap ones) they are around .47-.5 cu ft each and one re 8"s displacement is .09 cuft so it they end up with around .38 cu ft. i called re and they said anywere from .25-.38 cu ft would be good not including the amount of displacment. i also have a cheap walmart box (not sure of the cu ft cant figure it out) but i had one 8 running off my amp in the walmart box for a little while and then today i got my new boxes so i wired my subs and put them in the boxes and put them in my truck then i turned up the volume on late night tip and when the bass hit it wasnt loud at all and they werent hitting any of the low notes!!!! my one 8 in the walmart box was like 2 times louder!!! and it hit all of the low notes perfect!!! WTF!! my amp was wired stereo, then i tried it bridged to mono, and still no improvements.. what is the prob. any help is grately apprediated!!!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1056
what are the deminsions of the wal-mart box?

how do you have your sub wired to the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 909
your subs are wired out of phase. On one of the subwoofers just reverse tthe polarity and see how i sounds

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
how could just switching the wires around make such a differince?? which one chould i reverse left or right? it wont hurt it any?

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 98
wire one normal wire the other in reverse

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
ok i just switched the wires around and it totaly fixed the problem thanks alot guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us