REMOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUNDz
Unregistered guest
HOW DO I REMOVE MY STOCK DECK???... sorry about the caps lol

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1675
What's the make and model of the car? If you can provide pictures, that would be extremely useful as well, otherwise, there isn't much we can do.

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 96
some cars u have to take off the whole front panelling some just dont pop out by themselfs

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 681
If above doesn't work then u have to start unscrewing from the back of the centre console & work your way up to the deck .

But usually the dashboard face plate around the deck pops off if u stick a flat metal object like a hacksaw blade or metal nail file & press 1 of the clips , pull/looosen that area then work your way around .....

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1677
Or just get a chainsaw and carve it out.

Silver Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 211
well its 2003 corolla n here are these 2 pic of the deck.UploadUpload

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 564
hahaha, have fun with that

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
well too hard to remove that or .....

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 694
i'm guessing here but
if u remove the 2 big dial buttons , there might be a flat nut on each of the shafts - loosen that & see if the deck shakes/moves so u can the see where the clips are located .
&
"usually the dashboard face plate around the deck pops off if u stick a flat metal object like a hacksaw blade or metal nail file & press 1 of the clips , pull/looosen that area then work your way around" .....

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1381
i agree with Rovin's approach. on mine, you have to pop off the a/c control dials, and there are screws behind them and once you get those off the panel pops off.

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 696
U must give credit to the Japanese engineers for concealing the way its attached on .

When i 1st got my Nissan wagon i spent most of the day searching how the @#$%! was my deck installed & when i finally figured it out i was like " duhhh , OOOOOOOO-KKKKKKKK !!! " .

Well now give me 2 minutes & i'll steal the deck from your ride if its same model as mine ! - lol Upload

Recently i did a simple system for my sister's husband & he was like 'how do i remove that ' - now he has the newer model to my wagon & dash is totally different . He says to see what u can do & less than 5 minutes i handed him the deck ! - needless to say he was amazed ! Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
lol whao thats cool rovin but dude what i was thinkin that the ac panel is diffrent you know those 2 windows from which air comes out? possibely try to remove that somehow cuz thats a diffrent panel . so just try to remove that with the windows..??? cuz it seems deep

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 699
MW was saying that in HIS car he had to remove the a/c dials . u do not need to remove the ac fins cause from what i see in your pic - its not related .
Whats behind that panel that has Toyota printed on it ? that might be a clue , that might be able to pop off & could be some screws hiding behind there ....

Like i posted above - get a thin flat metal nail file (like the females use on their nails) & feel around for the plastic clips/tabs that hold it , usually its 2 clips per side . I'm sure when u attempt it & get through u WILL say " duhhh , OOOOOOOO-KKKKKKKK !!! " - just like me ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
oh thnx rovin.. can i ask u for favour man its a new car i dun wanan damage ne thing can u PLZ PLZ take that pic n just mention where exactly u want me to use that tool.. i can make be use - screw driver the flat one,, or do u mean that just that that thing metal thing feel that around the corner n if i see a metal clip thing then remove it with that?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 707
Don't use a flat SDriver - that will frig it up !

Get some clear plastic scotch taped & put a layer or 2 around the nail file so that way it won't scape anything while u are feeling around the perimeter of that black panel - er , that sounds kinda p erverted ! - ha ha ....

Those panel things are made of plastic - no biggy dude be brave & try it out tomorrow .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us