How would 2 infinity perfect vq 12s compare to 2 type-r 12s in spl

cantdecide
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to decide what 2 12s to get. Ill be using a kicker kx600.1 amp. I know the infinity's would have better sq but i was wandering how they would compare in spl with alpines new type-r 12s. Also, any suggestions for other subs staying within the $300-400 range for both and running to that kicker amp would be appreciated. Thanks

Unregistered guest
well, since you're using the same amp, i'm guessing the subs will have the same spl. but I know the alpines can handle more power if you plan on getting a bigger amp later on.

Daysend
Unregistered guest
If ur goin for type-rs go for the older '03 versions, they're 300RMS each perfect for ur amp. The '05 are better but they're 500RMS. I dont have opinions on the others u mentioned there since i lack the experience.

cantdecide
Unregistered guest
does anyone else have experience with both the type-r's and the new kappa perfect vq's.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 469
They are both awesome subs. Probably won't be disappointed with either. I bet the Type R's would be slightly louder but the Infinity's would win in SQ. If I were you I would go with the Infinity's just because 2 properly powered Infinity's are still gonna be pretty loud.

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 171
i love my infinities! 2 12" perfect DVQs. they perform very well. i would assume the type r's are gunna be louder - but not by much. i find that in the end you really want something that sounds good rather then loudness, anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us