Adire

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 677
Does anyone know when the new Adire line is supposed to be coming out? I want to get 2 Shiva Mark V 15" with dual 8 coils. Those are like SQL drivers right?

Is the Koda's pretty similar? What one would be better? They both seem to be able to handle the same ammount of power.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1010
in a couple of weeks. no matter when you ask.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 679
Lol. Like if I had e-mailed them 2 months ago they would have told me they would be ready in a couple weeks? Anyway, can anyone answer any of my other questions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1023
update: brahma B-12= 369.00
pictures are developing on the site. generic koda pics are up, and hi-defs are on the way.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 684
GOD! I am geting impatient! lol. Mikechec, would you happen to know if a Shiva is a SQL driver? Especially the 15" version? I would be getting 2 of them and putting them in a sealed box. Do you know the recommended box parameters are? Thanks bro.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1024
not sql per se (not high excursion subs), but they are wonderful sounding subs that get low and relatively loud (deceiving to the eye).
here is the link to the box sizes and their respective spl potential. use this as a guide, however, because they correspond to the former series.
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/ShivaTechSummary.PDF

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 686
Thanks for the very helpful info, Mikechec. But WTF, their site says that they are 300 watts rms, this pdf says 650 watts rms! Did they like lower the power rating in the new models or something? I need them to be 300 wrms or they are no longer an option for me! That would be really dissapointing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1025
yeah. they did the same thing to the brahmas. instead of dealing with thermal limits, they backed down the rms considerably to ensure a reduced return on blown subs (as the enclosure determines the continuous power handling). in case of the brahma, 1600 watts would be for a very small box, like less than .7 cu ft. 600-900 is the true rms in a optimal enclosure, which is more realistic anyway.
again, that's in the case of the brahma. although the vc is .5 in shorter on the new B-12, i'm certain it will have similar power handling characteristics as its predecessor mkII, 600-900 watts. the shiva might be similar, 300-650. but the site will be up soon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us