Glass, I need your help again bud

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 360
First let me tell about what I want to do. I want to add either 2- 12's or a single 15" to an all RE set up, complete with amps, x.x.x. components and an 18" x.x.x. or SX. All I need is the x.x.x. components with the amp and the above mentioned 12's or 15". The reason why I was asking for low pounding subs(on other thread) was because of how some people were saying how low the Avalanche hit. So the origal plan was to add 2 12" Avalnche's to a single 18" x.x.x. or SX set up.
But you pretty much cleared it up, on my other thread, that it's mostly the enclosure that will give you real lows. Being that you're also a x.x.x. owner, Have you heard of any other subs that will get lower than the x.x.x. ?( like some people here claimed that the Avalanche got REAL low) Any good subs, if there is any, that will get lower regardless of enclosure, this way I can always get 'em to hit lower with the enclosure build , I think.
Does this make sense ?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 212
Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to mix and match sub sizes. I'd stick with the Single 18" XXX. How much more do you need?

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 362
I need MORE !!!!!!!

ther all going to be in their own enclosures with a dedicated amp to each. It should'nt be a problem.

I already have a vehicle with an 18 x.x.x, a vehicle with an 18 SX ,and a vehicle with a 15 x.x.x.

I think I might take a diff route ,though, I'll have to wait and see what Glass has to say.

I've been thinking about going with 2 15" x.x.x. and 1 18" SX, all inverted, with their dedicated RE Amps.

I've also thought about the MT but I like the idea of more subs best.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10483
what do you already have and what do you have yet to buy?

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 364
I jsut need your input on a awesome pair of 12" 's , and being that your a x.x.x. owner yourself, I was wondering if there's a sub out there that will pound lower than a x.x.x. or SX

I already have an 18" SX w/an RE 12.1

I already have an 18" x.x.x. with an Orion 1200D

And I already have a 15" x.x.x.( currently not being used, if you recall , this is the one my brother in law blew by setting the gain all the way up,clipped it. I sent it to RE for repair and got it back about 2 weeks ago, brand sp a n king new, looks nice)

I want to get a new pair of 12" subs to go with either ONE of my subs

I.E.- 2- 12's and 18 SX
or 2 -12's and 18 x.x.x.
or 2 - 12's and 15 x.x.x.

and just to clear it up, I already have the SX and x.x.x. subs with amps, just need a pair of 12's
--- Thanks bro

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 366
??????????????????

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 217
How low the sub plays is largely due to teh enclosure you have it in. It sounds to me like your wanting more because of the lack of a proper enclosure, though I could be wrong. I guess there are people that need more than an 18" SX ported for daily driving (rolls eyes). As far as searching for subs with great low end, look for a sub that has a relatively low Fs. The JL W7 for example has the ability to get very low in the proper enclosure, howver that comes with a large price tag of course.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us