Need help in choosing a budget amp

Username: Mmmg

Post Number: 5
Hi guys...
I need a 4 channel amplifier for $200 including shipping. I know its very less for an amplifier. But my budget is limited. So which amplifier provides the best rms. Becos the rms rating of most amplifiers are underrrated or overrated. According to you which amplifier provides the best RMS (real power...not just the specs) for $200. Plz help me out guyz.

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
What are you going to connect it too?

Bronze Member
Username: Jurasskick

Post Number: 11
Do some digging in the searches here and you'll probably find a lot of options. Hitting google for product reviews never hurt neither.

Username: Mmmg

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the replies...I will be using two channels for front component speakers.(CDT cl-61a...90w rms) and the other two channels for two subs. i have two 8 ohm subwoofers connected in parallel and bridged to the two channels(kicker comp vr..125w rms each). The head unit is an eclipse 3414. Right now i am using a cheap amp to power them(power acoustik 100X4 @4 ohm) Its been more than a year now. i never used other amps..so this amp still sounds good to me. But i know it doesnt provide the rms it states. So looking to change the amp but the budget is under $200. I just need the power this setup requires.
Thanks in advance

Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 8
$200 isn't very much for an amp that needs the RMS power that you require. I suggest that you either save up and few more coins and put up with that amp for a bit longer, or go to ebay or something and looked for a used one.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 693
I'd say the same - only 4 chan u can get brand new for $200 is Hifonics TX8805
"rated"
# Rms @ 4-ohm: 4x110-watts
# Rms @ 2-ohm: 4x220-watts

from what alot of the guys here say u get about 2/3rds in actual power off their amps .

A good enough brand like Alpine 545 would cost u around $340 online - so start saving !. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us