I dont really like my subs

Bronze Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 17
i just installed my alpine type-rs 12's . ported box
and MRD605 in a explorer. they hit but im not that happy with them .. people say break them in and im not sure if that will make them that much better.. so im thinking about getting the Mrd-1005 a custom box and a HU ( im running stock) oh yea its like my stock radio gets hot and starts skippin on every cd.. help plz

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1031
A new after-market HU could make all the difference...it will send your amp a cleaner signal.

Comp98
Unregistered guest
You said you have 2 Type-r's and one mrd605? If you do, you're seriously underpowering those subs.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2893
No, he's not seriously underpowering them, but they could use a little more power.
Breaking them in might help the sound a little, at least I noticed a little difference.
The HU is also verry important. It will send a cleaner signal, as well as different settings for the subs/speakers making a big difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 18
yea i also notice when i have my volume at half the subs hit pretty good but when the volume is full the music gets louder and not the subs. so a new HU will fix that you say.. well i guess ill get alpine keep the same brand.

P.S. whats a capacitor for

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2896
To quicken the responce time for you're subs... like on a fast hitting song.
The cap gives the amp a quick burst of electricity. People also use it to stop headlights dimning... but it doesn't really fix the problem, an HO alternator is the best way... hope this made sense.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1035
a capacitor is for people that waste money. look into a new high output alt and batt if you are having votage issues (ex: lights dimming).

Username: Delete

Post Number: 2
alwite m8. i got 12inch vrx car sub, 700 watt the blue one, with the box fully fitted. i bought the ac to dc convertor box and also the amplifier,the punch 500watt 2 channel amp, and the wiring kit. so i connected everyting up to the pc it pumps loud but does not produce quality sound even when the pc sourround sound speakers are off. so why is dat???

Bronze Member
Username: Johntheguy

Post Number: 13
what did he just say

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1363
b/c it was meant to be in the trunk of a car.

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 228
What is the VC configuration on your Type-Rs? How are they wired?

Either way, I would consider them underpowered. Those subs are 500w RMS. At best you're getting 600w RMS from your MRD-M605, which would be 300w RMS to each sub. If you're running at 4 ohms, then I would also say that you are "seriously underpowering" your subs.

dfdfs
Unregistered guest
i have a 500watt amplifier called the punch model:pa-211. it has a feature called high in. which i dont no what it is used for so can anyone help?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3729
Cap's really don't help smooth rails much at all, and they don't quicken response time. The cap's voltage always follows the voltage of the battery or alternator when the car is running. If the rails fall, the cap's voltage goes with it.

Caps are good filters, that's about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us