Hey Glass, Jon, others... Need help installing a PPI AX400!!

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 170
Hey guys, I just bought a PPI AX400 amp and would like a little help on how to hook everything up. First off, the amp is a four channel and I want to bridge it to two channels to run my components. Which channels do I bridge for each side? Do I bridge front channels for one side and rear for the other, or do I bridge left, front and rear, for the left side and right, front and rear, for the right side? Secondly, there are two sets of rca inputs for the amp, front and rear. Do I need to use both of them if I plan to bridge the amp to two channels, or would using just one input be okay? Thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10431
you need to use all 4 RCA inputs, because you'll be using all 4 channels even when bridged.
half of the wave form from the bridged channels comes from one of the pair of channels, and the other half of the waveform comes from the other channel, using the pos and neg voltage rails of the power supply.

when you bridge a 4 channel amp you're combining the two left channels into one, and the two right channels into one.
so, you'll use positive from the front channel and the negative from the rear channel on each side of the amp.. or vice versa. They should be marked.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 171
Thanks Glass, that was a perfect answer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us