Subs that hit really LOW

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 359
Anyone have any recomendations to a few subs that can hit real low bass . I've heard Avalnche can get real low but those are out the window so I'm looking for something similar.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 50
I assume your looking for SPL...

go with the RE MT

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 994
sound splinter rl-p i a very low sub. that is, it plays low hz loudly and clearly.
that's more or less its m.o.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10417
now low a sub can hit is more a matter of enclosure choice and design, than it is a factor of the sub itself.. but as far as teh sub goes, just find a sub with a really low Fs.
the lower the speaker's Fs, the lower the sub can go befroe it hits a wall induced by the driver's efficiency at that frequency.
below the Fs, a speaker has to work a lot harder to produce those frequencies.. so for higher output at lower frequencies, go sealed enclosure, and find a sub with a low Fs.
there are trade-offs to a really low Fs, as with anything, but that's what you're looking for.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10418
oh and if you can find a sub like that with a high Qts (> .50) that's good too. that'll be best suited to a sealed box.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 121
seems my post never made it on here, but it made it to my email, lol. here it goes.

i have infinity perfect 12.1's. great sounding and they pound too, but
where do those soundspinters stand against them?? are they better sq
and pound even harder?? also, my predicument is i have a sealed
enclosure for two 12's with 1.9 cubic feet. having a wrangler i can't
get any bigger. i want something that will be good in this enclosure and that will move the earth, lol....

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 292
Would 900 watts to an Sl-p be risky?
How LOUD does this sub get anyway?
Third, would 1 12 and 1 10 (spliting the 900 watt load) sound better/get louder/produce more spl than just the 1 12 (receiving the full 900)?

Thanks...
...still researching.

Silver Member

Post Number: 293
oops...
I meant rl-p!
Not Sl-p!
lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1373
"Third, would 1 12 and 1 10 (spliting the 900 watt load) sound better/get louder/produce more spl than just the 1 12 (receiving the full 900)?"

you know that answer.
you also know that it isn't recommended to mix sizes or brands of subs.

any amount of power(reasonable enough that it isn't greatly underpowering the subs to produce little output) that is split between 2 or 3 subs, will be louder than 1 sub.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 310
Adire Audio Tempests
Sound Splinter RL-p's
Adire Audio Tumults

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3928
what size are you looking for? I have a avalanche 12 that I might be interested in selling also I have a atlas 15 both brand new.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3718
Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18" fs: 16 hz

Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15" fs: 15 hz

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3929
hey Nick I never asked you how you liked you ava?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1012
rl-ps generally don't do well sealed unless they are 15"s.
but, no. 700-900 watts to an rl-p would make it quite happy.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3721
What's up James?

I love the Avalanche. I got everything tweaked just right a while ago. I still can't believe how low the thing goes, and how loud it is. I still haven't gotten it metered, but it's just plain rediculously loud, and this is at like 30 hz and below. Well, you know what it sounds like.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Well is it best to face the speakers outwards to the trunk or is it best to face them towards the seat?

Talking about in a Civic to get best amount of thump.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2921
Most people like it facing the back... the lower frequencies bounce/reflect makeing it sound better, but if you can, try it both ways.

Craig's
Unregistered guest
Hey CARAUDIO, i've got an EG8 and 2 12" Type-rs. Its sealed and pointed towards the trunk. U can really feel them pound! and feel it in your chest. Back when i only had 1, i experimented with different positions and found that when u face it towards the trunk u can feel it more. Facing it towards the seat makes the bass seem like its trapped in the trunk. Boomy and rattles the trunk & rear deck like heck..
Good Luck.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 481
try an eclipse ti for a sub that goes really low.

CARAUDIO
Unregistered guest
Thanks guys thats what i have my 2 12s facing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
MuddyWaters:
Is it really bad news to intermix my sub sizes and brands? Honestly, I've never heard that before. As a matter of fact, I was thinking about putting a good sub optimized for sealed in the front passenger floorboard AND a good sub optimized for ported (probably the RE SX) in the trunk. That way, (I figured) I can get the most bass possible in my difficult convertible. All this sounded logical until I read your post.
Please explain and educate me on this stuff, bro.
Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
...oh yeah, one more thing.
Is the bass gonna cancel itself out placing them in the above mentioned positions? (just wondered if you knew - because I don't have 2 subs to do a trial run, and I definately don't want to buy a 2nd one just for experimentational purposes)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1472
two different size and brand subs will play the same freqrncy different, resulting in a crappy, unclear sound.
also the larger one will produce all of the fequencies a bit louder(depending on power used), which will in essence, cancel out the smaller or less powered sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us