Normal Vs. Reversed

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 463
On my CD player I have the option of Sub:Norm or Sub:Rev. What is the difference besides the obvious and which one should I use? Thanks

Pewtter
Unregistered guest
if u hav subs.. that function will reverse the polarity of the signals going into the voice coils without having to unhook the wires and pluggin them into the terminals on the VCs.
Same as a phase switch.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 294
On that note...
What are (if any)the benefits of inverting our subs rather than the conventional mounting method?
(besides appearance, of course)

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 32
no just a little more space in the box now that the sub is gone

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3722
That's about it. Reversing polarity can help with cancellation issues if you have a few subs, but normally it's used to help with imaging of tweeters.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1014
"What are (if any) the benefits of inverting our subs rather than the conventional mounting method?"

noise from the motor structure. you can literally hear the former moving and perhaps tensil leads smacking. but besides displacement, that's it. you might have to be an @nal cat like me to hear it, but it's there. i'm personally going back to mounting mine traditionally.

Dimmu
Unregistered guest
Noob question.. how do u mount them reversed..wouldnt the lining on the cone touch the box?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1016
"Noob question.. how do u mount them reversed..wouldnt the lining on the cone touch the box?"

no. the surround doesn't hit the box.

<--pic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us