Can anyone suggest a sub that rivals the RE SX (or better yet - one that beats it)

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 282
ESPECIALLY, if it's capable of optimal performance in a sealed enclosure.
Thanks, guys. Just wondered what all of your answers would be. I almost bought an SX today, but withdrew. There's got to be another sub out there that's just as loud, etc. optimized for a sealed enclosure!

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 68
Thats a tough one seeing that SX's are SPL over SQ and almost any high end sub made for SQ can not get as loud as a high end sub made for SPL. But JL 13W7, Alpine Type X, IDMax, are all great SQ subs that are optimized for a sealed enclosure and also can get pretty loud. But none of these subs except the 13w7(maybe) will get as loud as the SX can in a ported box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
I appreciate your thoughts, Chauncey, but I don't see myself getting a JL sub. I had an IDMAX and I definately want louder. It lacked SPL for my tastes. REALLY CLOSE TO WHAT I WANT, though. Really close!!! Any recommendations? Is TREO SSI gonna fit my needs, you guys?

Anonymous

well nobody knows yet.. but checkout the RL-s from SoundSplinter. optimized for sealed enclosures! a lot more money though

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 97
If you didnt like the SPL of the IDMAX i doubt you will like the SSI that much better. The Soundsplinters might be a good alternative though

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 120
i have infinity perfect 12.1's. great sounding and they pound too, but where do those soundspinters stand against them?? are they better sq and pound even harder?? also, my predicument is i have a sealed enclosure for two 12's with 1.9 cubic feet. having a wrangler i can't get any bigger.

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 126
http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw9100/sw9152pro.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-US-AMPS-VLX-400-Nothing-else-like-it_W0QQitemZ580995 4626QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats what Im thinking about doing I may make a post in a few hopefully some 1 heard them I need that or the new sub RE is realesn in NOV

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 2015
why not just step it up to a xxx?

Silver Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 172
because xxx's don't get as loud as sx's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
Cody: TRUE

Hunter: Cody has a good point... but primarily, the reason is because I only have 900 watts to push the sub with. According to RE Audio, the XXX would be hungry for more, and I would probably start sending clipped signals just from trying to get the sub to perform well.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2155
Get the RE SX 15 and push it with 1000 watts rms and put the sub in a ported box at about 3.5-4.5 cuft. tuned to 30hz and it will be loud, low, clean..

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 99
why fight the system ... honestly rivaling the SX in price ;)
just gunna hurt yourself

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
I know, I know...
I hate to bash the SX, but the f,u,c,k,i,n,g thing is optimized for ported, and that's not within my perimeters!!!
I have a convertible, and if I want good bass, I have to pay attention to details in order to achieve it. This would be one of those details!
Does the soundsplinter get as loud as the SX?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1474
"If you didnt like the SPL of the IDMAX i doubt you will like the SSI that much better."

i disagree, you have probably never heard a Treo SSi sub. if you have, then disregard the previous statement.:-)

no offense, but with the proper amount of power, they get VERY loud, but they do lack the SQ of something like an IDMAX, but they certainly don't sound bad, and are no where near the MUD of the Kicker Square Subs.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
USEFUL INFO! Thanks, bro. So, what do you think?
Oh yeah, are they optimized for sealed enclosures?

(drum roll, please - drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Silver Member
Username: Mrdark

Post Number: 127
get the treo ssi, it is great imo.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1475
if you go by the general rule of thumb that anything with a Qts of .5 or higher is ideal for sealed enclosures, then yes, it is ideal for sealed(i also plugged and chugged on www.bcae1.com). the 12" Dual 2 has a Qts of .538
and the Dual 4 12" has a Qts of like .6 something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
Thanks, you guys!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us