Help Please

Chad
Unregistered guest
Hey guys I am new to car audio, and I have some questions. I have a 94 jeep wrangler with limited cargo space. I built a custom box with 2.4 cubic air space, this biggest I could make it. I am using a pioneer 7300 deck, with a kenwood 600 amp, 300 rms I believe. Now I with this custom box I put in a 12 with 200rms. It sounds terrible, flat, distortion you name it I have it. I was wondering what I could do to improve the bass performance in my jeep. I want to listen to rock, rap, country a little everything and still have it sound nice. Any input is appreciated thanks.

Anonymous

i recomend for sound quality is sealed boxes check out what this guy did in his jeep i think that it is preaty cool go to page 2

Anonymous

sorry i forgot to give you the link :S

http://www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 44
awww, i feel so gratified, thats my jeep in that link :-) Thankz for you guyz noticing the job i did in that thing :-)

Chad
Unregistered guest
That's pretty sick, I like the setup a lot, I could definitly do the two seperate box thing. Maybe 10's something not two expensive. Mtx maybe, then still use my amp to push them, or what do you think two amps? Same setup as this jeep in the pic, only I want to try and downgrade it, becasue of course I dont have that much cashflow.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
well due to your limited cashflow i'd probably say that you should go with one sub in a Ported/Vented box, that'll take up your whole jeep's trunk. I don't know much about mtx's so i couldn't say much from that perspective, but if you did go with the ported enclosure it would have to be custom because i don't know of a ported box that would fit with 9 inches of room from the seat to the trunk(i think thats about it) and with it becoming more constrained as the seat slants back the higher the box is. That's why i went with the truck sealed boxes, perfectly shaped to fit behind the seats angle. Also, using one larger amp would be cheaper than buying 2 amps making up the same power, i only did that because i already had the one 401s amp and didn't want to sell it, however using two does look nice :-) You should just keep the amp that you have and use it for the ported sub. That would be fine.

Chad
Unregistered guest
Ya I agree with keeping my amp, I bought a mtx 6000 12 today of ebay for 40 bucks. So I plan on using it with my kenwood 600. I think I am going to make a smaller box with about 1.5 cubic feet of air space sealed. Will this be about right? The box I have in there now I beleive has too much air space. 2.4 cubic feet for one 12. Is there any other way of using this bigger box to accomodate the mtx 12? thanks guys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
If you go ported with that sub it will be a lot louder. And if you take your top down in your jeep, you won't hear that sealed sub at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us